Stuttering on 4k video playback

kostadin

Hello,

This is my second post here, so bear with me.

I have a Gigabyte GTX660 properly cooled and a Intel i5 3570k with a Noctua NH-D14 on top. 

I also have a HP 1080p 60Hz IPS monitor.

I have some 4k video issues  when I should not be according to the article below when I try to watch a video on Youtube.

http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/4K-Monitor-Requirements-and-Usage-492/

The CPU stays at 50 to 70% when there is 4k video playback and the GPU is not at 100% either. I run the my OS (Windows 8.1) on a Samsung 840 EVO SSD.

The only reason I can think of is that I have not connected my video card to my monitor with a DisplayPort connection since I do not have one. I only have HDMI and DVI. Right now I am connected with DVI

Should I try HDMI maybe and see if I still notice the stuttering?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance and cheers from Bulgaria!

Hello,

This is my second post here, so bear with me.

I have a Gigabyte GTX660 properly cooled and a Intel i5 3570k with a Noctua NH-D14 on top. 

I also have a HP 1080p 60Hz IPS monitor.

I have some 4k video issues  when I should not be according to the article below when I try to watch a video on Youtube.

http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/4K-Monitor-Requirements-and-Usage-492/

The CPU stays at 50 to 70% when there is 4k video playback and the GPU is not at 100% either. I run the my OS (Windows 8.1) on a Samsung 840 EVO SSD.

The only reason I can think of is that I have not connected my video card to my monitor with a DisplayPort connection since I do not have one. I only have HDMI and DVI. Right now I am connected with DVI

Should I try HDMI maybe and see if I still notice the stuttering?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance and cheers from Bulgaria!

what browser and try a different one

hardware is not it, i can play 4k on my i3 3.5 ghz on integrated no stutter at 60fps

what browser and try a different one

hardware is not it, i can play 4k on my i3 3.5 ghz on integrated no stutter at 60fps

OMG! I cannot believe it! I changed from Chrome to Firefox and the stutter disappeared completely and the CPU usage when down from 70% when on playback to around 30%. I cannot believe I did not think of it. I work in tech support and tell people to change browsers and see if this resolved the issue they are having all the time and then at home I forget it. I trusted you Chrome I trusted you...

Thank you very much!

I guess now I will have to check the flash player on Chrome and maybe reset the browser settings.

OMG! I cannot believe it! I changed from Chrome to Firefox and the stutter disappeared completely and the CPU usage when down from 70% when on playback to around 30%. I cannot believe I did not think of it. I work in tech support and tell people to change browsers and see if this resolved the issue they are having all the time and then at home I forget it. I trusted you Chrome I trusted you...

Thank you very much!

I guess now I will have to check the flash player on Chrome and maybe reset the browser settings.

i use chrome no problems....4k 60fps no lag

Follow this video first

then try the below if it doesn't work

trying disabling flash

uinstall shockwave if you have it

and disable flash from here 

chrome://plugins/

also increase the ram in chrome

chrome://flags/

""""Maximum tiles for interest area ""

i use chrome no problems....4k 60fps no lag

Follow this video first

then try the below if it doesn't work

trying disabling flash

uinstall shockwave if you have it

and disable flash from here 

chrome://plugins/

also increase the ram in chrome

chrome://flags/

""""Maximum tiles for interest area ""

Nothing seemed to work and after some research I found this note on the link below. 

So I guess I will have to go back to 32bit Chrome version, because since I last remember I installed a 64bit beta chrome version.

Note:  Make sure you go to the Shockwave Player Download center in your 32-bit browser. If you try to go to the download center using a 64-bit Web browser, you will see a message from Adobe and a link back to this page, because you cannot install the current 32-bit Shockwave Player in your 64-bit Web browser. 

http://helpx.adobe.com/shockwave/kb/shockwave-player-64-bit-windows.html#main_Install_Shockwave_Player_on_a_64_bit_Windows_operating_system

Nothing seemed to work and after some research I found this note on the link below. 

So I guess I will have to go back to 32bit Chrome version, because since I last remember I installed a 64bit beta chrome version.

Note:  Make sure you go to the Shockwave Player Download center in your 32-bit browser. If you try to go to the download center using a 64-bit Web browser, you will see a message from Adobe and a link back to this page, because you cannot install the current 32-bit Shockwave Player in your 64-bit Web browser. 

http://helpx.adobe.com/shockwave/kb/shockwave-player-64-bit-windows.html#main_Install_Shockwave_Player_on_a_64_bit_Windows_operating_system

thiers a stable version of 64 bit chrome xD...

http://dev.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel

"

https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/?platform=win64