AMD 7870 Blackscreen

Jacknif

Hello fellow pc gamers,

My GPU have kind of a issues when playing a video game my gpu just crash... really annoying it happen less with MSI Afterburner but still does anyone have a fix for this ? Thx

Video (not mine) :

Various "Fix's" from around the web...

First... make sure card is clean of dust and such, allowing less buildup of heat on some GPU components.

Change drivers to latest 14.12 or if on latest, an earlier version like 14.4

Declocking memory  200-400Mhz may solve some memory related black screens...

Disabling UPLS via MSI AB

Forcing MSI to disable powerplay, and locking clockspeeds that usually have 'variable dynamic' clockspeeds.

Adding a little voltage to your card without adding clockspeed, giving it more power for the clocks used.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Various "Fix's" from around the web...

First... make sure card is clean of dust and such, allowing less buildup of heat on some GPU components.

Change drivers to latest 14.12 or if on latest, an earlier version like 14.4

Declocking memory  200-400Mhz may solve some memory related black screens...

Disabling UPLS via MSI AB

Forcing MSI to disable powerplay, and locking clockspeeds that usually have 'variable dynamic' clockspeeds.

Adding a little voltage to your card without adding clockspeed, giving it more power for the clocks used.

Cleaned my GPU 4-5days ago, already have the latest " Omega " Driver, i am trying the declocking and what is UPLS and how to disable powerplay and (etc...) ? I only use MSI AB for fan control

I need help. I recently got a r9 280x gigabyte windforce and i cant play games and watch youtube. I thought at first it was too intense with BF4 and youtube but it even happens with hearthston and youtube it plays for like 30 seconds then just black screens and craps itself. Please help me with a fix for this....BTW Most recent drivers and sttuff and its with a 4690k and 8 gb ram so neither of those should be the problem. PLEASE HELP

I need help. I recently got a r9 280x gigabyte windforce and i cant play games and watch youtube. I thought at first it was too intense with BF4 and youtube but it even happens with hearthston and youtube it plays for like 30 seconds then just black screens and craps itself. Please help me with a fix for this....BTW Most recent drivers and sttuff and its with a 4690k and 8 gb ram so neither of those should be the problem. PLEASE HELP

Send it back there is not much you can do

I have the same problem with my HD7870's.

#7870Problem :(

I have my mind set on getting a new card. Just need to pick one

nobody ?

What are your CPU and GPU temps under load?

RIP in pepperonis m8s

What are your CPU and GPU temps under load?

My CPU is at 35-37° maximum when rendering a 1080p video or on Battlefield 4 and can go under 10° when the room is cold, my gpu is at 24° when idling under load i don't know let me test on bf4 for a second

Edit: After a little of BF4 my gpu is at 44-47°... not bad

• 2 weeks later...

Update on mine. Mine are cross fire. I switch them around and haven't had a problem even crossfired.

On Battlefield 4 1920x1080 no AA

Ultra I get 49-60 with some objects shuttering

High 60-89

Medium 95-130

Low 170-200

I'm guessing one is having a hardware problem and couldn't handle it as a primary card

Update on mine. Mine are cross fire. I switch them around and haven't had a problem even crossfired.

On Battlefield 4 1920x1080 no AA

Ultra I get 49-60 with some objects shuttering

I'm guessing one is having a hardware problem and couldn't handle it as a primary card

That seems incredibly low, I get more or less the same fps on my single 270 (7870) Ultra 1080p WITH AA in 64p multiplayer. (my cpu is a 3570k)

RIP in pepperonis m8s

I wouldn't say alone. Only thing can do is get a better card. Once I can get my taxes ... Hello ASUS 980

I wouldn't say alone. Only thing can do is get a better card. Once I can get my taxes ... Hello ASUS 980

Would love to but i am poor a student :P