Port Forwarding issue

Senor Potato

So my router all of a sudden just started not liking port forwarding. Its an Actiontec V1000H from telus. I have the port 27015 forwarded and nothing changed as far as i know, but one day my port was closed somehow. Does anyone know how to fix? Here is a screenshot of the ports forwarded http://puu.sh/dOH3b/ff715e21b7.png

Does your router have the DHCP service running? Perhaps your desktops IP lease ran out and it got given another IP. Meaning the port rule doesnt match the IP anymore = Blocked port.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Does your router have the DHCP service running? Perhaps your desktops IP lease ran out and it got given another IP. Meaning the port rule doesnt match the IP anymore = Blocked port.

How would I find out about DHCP. Also i have a static ip for my desktop so i dont that is it.

Kidding. xD Why not just full reset and reforward them? It's what I'd do, sir.

I might btw nice extra post farm

I googled "extra post farm". Idk what that means. I'm sorry if I broke a rule or something (with a bad joke). I'm new to your forum but have been a LONG time subscriber to your YouTube channel. I was honestly trying to help ( with my second comment ).

I googled "extra post farm". Idk what that means. I'm sorry if I broke a rule or something (with a bad joke). I'm new to your forum but have been a LONG time subscriber to your YouTube channel. I was honestly trying to help ( with my second comment ).

nah you didnt nvm lol

Are you sure your computer was listening on port 27015 when you tested if it was open?

Even if you have port forwards in place the ports will show as closed using tools like NMAP or a 3rd party website like www.yougetsignal.com  if the PC is not actually listening on that port.

Are you sure your computer was listening on port 27015 when you tested if it was open?

Even if you have port forwards in place the ports will show as closed using tools like NMAP or a 3rd party website like www.yougetsignal.com  if the PC is not actually listening on that port.

Even if my friends try to connnect to my server it still wont work. So I dont think that is the problem

Kidding. xD Why not just full reset and reforward them? It's what I'd do, sir.

Didn't work /: It might telus doing this. It's happened before but it seemed to just go away eventually.

So I did a few screw ups and I am attempting to correct them now. First off while trying to set static ip's for my computer i managed to wreck the ethrnet and wifi. Sooo having some fun. And then I'll try to fix the other thing.

You would want to use static addressing when port forwarding. Either by setting DHCP-leases or assign one yourself outside the default range. That way you know that the route to your server never changes.

If you also have dynamically assigned WAN-address you would want to use a dynamics DNS to work around that issue.

Tux is a lie.

You would want to use static addressing when port forwarding. Either by setting DHCP-leases or assign one yourself outside the default range. That way you know that the route to your server never changes.

If you also have dynamically assigned WAN-address you would want to use a dynamics DNS to work around that issue.

Yeah I have a DHCP reservation for my computer.