asrock z97 extreme4 vs extreme3

Go to solution Solved by FizzyFantom,

what about m.2 I know i just want to be a little future proof

I wouldn't stretch to that motherboard just for M.2 and SATA Express unless I was certain I was going to use it. There are already inexpensive PCI-e expansion cards for M.2 and there will definitely be PCI-e expansion cards for SATA Express when it's more widely used.

You can compare all the features yourself here:

http://asrock.com/mb/compare.asp?SelectedModel=Z97+Extreme4&SelectedModel=Z97+Extreme3

The Extreme 4 has support for 3 way Crossfire, a 12 phase power design and Purity Sound 2. If you don't need these features then I wouldn't say the extra cost is justified.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

You can compare all the features yourself here:

http://asrock.com/mb/compare.asp?SelectedModel=Z97+Extreme4&SelectedModel=Z97+Extreme3

The Extreme 4 has support for 3 way Crossfire, a 12 phase power design and Purity Sound 2. If you don't need these features then I wouldn't say the extra cost is justified.

I wouldn't stretch to that motherboard just for M.2 and SATA Express unless I was certain I was going to use it. There are already inexpensive PCI-e expansion cards for M.2 and there will definitely be PCI-e expansion cards for SATA Express when it's more widely used.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."