Mouse Issue (NEED HELP)

Go to solution Solved by NOT_AN_ERROR,

ok, you might just have worn through your pads on the bottom, they eventually do, you would just need to but new pads

So I have had this problem for about a year now and I haven't been able to fix it, the problem is my mouse, it isn't the cursor going mad or the cursor not working, it is not to do with the actual cursor, it is the mouse. When I move the mouse slowly it is as if it moves jerkily like it sticks then unsticks to the mouse pad if that makes sense. I have cleaned the mouse pad and I have cleaned the mouse feet with rubbing alcohol and wiped it off to make sure it was dry but nothing works. Should I dry the mouse feet with a blow dryer after applying some rubbing alcohol or should I use something like a paper towel? This is really annoying me. Please help if possible, thanks. (sorry if my grammar is off I am not English, I am German so please forgive me if I did anything wrong.)

It might be due to the surface the mouse is used on, or that the laser/optical tracker is malfunctioning.

Also you can try lowering mouse DPI, and then increasing sensitivity/speed in Windows.

I know it is nothing to do with the DPI setting, the mouse itself feels really jerky as I move it slowly, my mouse pad is rough if that helps at all.

I know it is nothing to do with the DPI setting, the mouse itself feels really jerky as I move it slowly, my mouse pad is rough if that helps at all.

Have you actually tried lowering the DPI? If its on the higher end of the spectrum it could be using a non-native DPI which can cause issues in tracking. You could also make sure your Windows mouse speed is set at 6/11 notch (or 4 or lower) and that Enhanced Precision is turned OFF.

try it on a surface like smooth wood it shouldn't have that problem, also is it laser or optical, because if it is laser it might be a weird acceleration problem

[insert stuffs here]

i had the same problem with my razer ourobourus. one of my friends asked of i had wiped up the sensor because i wasnt using the mouse on the cleanest surfaces so i took a q tip and gently rubbed the sensor (no water) and got a new surface and it worked perfectly. i hope this help :)

The thing is that it is nothing to do with the cursor or whether it is optical or laser (it is optical), my mouse is perfect on screen it is just when I move it slowly the actual mouse feels as if it starts to stick to the mouse pad.

I had the exact same problem with my madcatz rat5 on a razer goliathus mouse pad (cloth) blow in the sensor and use sanded/sealed wood or a book. See if that works. My mouse still has problems sometimes and I will see if a steelseries QcK will help.

ok, you might just have worn through your pads on the bottom, they eventually do, you would just need to but new pads

[insert stuffs here]

Thank you, someone that understands it isn't a problem with the laser. Yes, I think I will get a new pad and hopefully that solves it. Thanks :)