Portable HDD for mass storage

what is the best portable hard drive for mass storage that we can use for log time without any problems 

the WD My Passport series is pretty good

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I use wd passport drive for quite some time. It has a few bad sectors b/c I dropped it though; my fault entirely.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

WD Elements is cheaper. :P

System 1: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus AT5IONT-I mini-ITX - Intel® Atom™ D525 onboard 1.8GHz Dual-Core HT - Integrated NVIDIA® ION™ - 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

System 2: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus E2KM1I-DELUXE mini-ITX - AMD E2-2000 onboard 1.75GHz Dual-Core - Integrated AMD® Radeon HD 7340 - 2x 4GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

Building: Bitfenix Prodigy Black - Corsair AX860i - Asus Maximus VII Impact - Corsair Hydro Series H100i - Intel® Core™ i7 4790K - Asus Matrix Platinum GTX 980 4GB - Corsair 16GB Dominator Platinum 2x 8GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 - Samsung 1TB EVO 840 Series

what is the best portable hard drive for mass storage that we can use for log time without any problems 

Hey Hasan Sainudeen,

Do you have any particular specifications in mind or thing you are going to use it for (size, connectivity, on what OS, speed, etc.)?
As the guys pointed out, WD My Passport is very popular, secure and good portable storage drive which has great features and varies in size. There are different external drives (portable and desktop) so you can check them out and see if any would meet your requirements here: http://www.wdc.com/en/products/catalog/?segment=2.
The main difference betwenn WD My Passport and WD Elements would be that WD My Passport features hardware encryption for additional security. This means that all data inside is automatically encrypted by the hardware inside the case which makes the drive practically unreadable outside of the case. This is a great security feature, but in case you take the drive outside the case, you would lose all data on it. WD Elements does not feature this which makes it less secure but in case you need to take the drive out of the case (which voids any warranty!) you would still be able to read it on a normal computer. 

Happy Holidays!

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

It really depends on what size you want and how much you're gonna spend on it, at work I changed from a portable HDD to a portable SSD and never looked back, much more rugged and while more expensive for the space you get, so much more reliable even after being dropped repeatedly... again and again and again :3

Cartman - AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 3.1Ghz - 10GB Ram (Mwahahah) - 256GB Crucial MX100 Boot - 2TB WD Red - Gainward GTX 770 - Zalman Insanely Loud CNPS14X - Corsair 230T Orange

Stan - Intel Pentium G3320 - 8GB Ram - 128GB Intel 520 - Raid 1 6TB WD Reds - Bit Fenix Prodigy

Kenny - HP 14 Ultrabook (No name apperently) i3 4130 - 128GB Intel 520

It really depends on what size you want and how much you're gonna spend on it, at work I changed from a portable HDD to a portable SSD and never looked back, much more rugged and while more expensive for the space you get, so much more reliable even after being dropped repeatedly... again and again and again :3

SSDs are truly much safer when it comes to physical damage, vibrations, drops and other factors and that makes them great portable drives. 
On the other hand, they are much more susceptible to static electricity and electrical discharges which can wipe them out completely. The other problem would be in case of failure, there is almost no chance of getting your data back due to the nature of data storage. While HDDs store the data on magnetic platters which can be detected even after the drive has failed, if SSD's cells lose their charge due to an external factor or simply not using them for a while, there is close to no chance of ever getting that data back. :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/