Sony vegas render problem

nigelq95

So basically the problem is when I render the video. The raw file is very good quality put once I put it into sony vegas and do my bit of editing and then render out the file looks fairly bad compared to what it used to look like. I used to render it out perfect with really good quality and a small file size, now even if I render at 50mb 1080p the rendered file just looks like it's 480p. This has happened once before and somehow I fixed it but I'm not quite sure how. My render settings are perfect, I've used both .wmv and .mp4 before and now both look very pixelated. My properties have been the same as always and I have messed around with both and tried just about every combination I could think of. If anyone has gone trough this same problem I would much appreciate any advice.

P.S. It's not my graphics drivers or quick time.

Did you try changing the bitrate for the output?

La`~

the best option here would the bitrate for video, if that is too low, then the video will look pixelated, try changing that. And also, 1080p at 50mb?? how long is the video? because a 1080p mp4 usually gives around 1gb for a 6min duration

Did you try changing the bitrate for the output?
I've rendered at pretty much every bit rate imaginable

the best option here would the bitrate for video, if that is too low, then the video will look pixelated, try changing that. And also, 1080p at 50mb?? how long is the video? because a 1080p mp4 usually gives around 1gb for a 6min duration
I meant I rendered at a 50mb bitrate, the file was huge but still only looked 480p quality, I've kind of got a fix now but it's not perfect

What's a 50mb bitrate, just wondering?
it's what I rendered it out at, vegas recommends an 8mb bit rate for 30fps and I increased it all the way up to 50mb and it still looked the same

heres my settings...

RENDER SETTINGS:

3fb249402182ac20ddf449501d9db01d.png?1359456197

PROJECT SETTINGS

ac0a29f89860675fb1f699f9b1678be9.png?1359456295

My Meme Proudly Featured on the Live-Stream: http://prodigydoo.com/ImageStorage/memes/linus-meme-6.jpg
Some Threads You Should Get involved in: Linus and Slick Memes     Youtubers on the LTT Forum      The List of Tech YouTubers (Contribute!)      Disable AdBlock for Linus (Guide)

heres my settings...

RENDER SETTINGS:

3fb249402182ac20ddf449501d9db01d.png?1359456197

PROJECT SETTINGS

ac0a29f89860675fb1f699f9b1678be9.png?1359456295

make it a constant bit-rate.

try rendering on the cpu alone,cuda rendering can cause bad quality.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552