Please Help me with my laptop

Ok so I got this laptop N550JK-DS71T and it came stock with 8gb ram, and it ran beautifully, but I bought another 8gb stick of ram and I connected it, the laptop ran my games at 10-25 lower fps and was just painful, so I removed the 8gb ram and expected the laptop to work like a stock version, it performed as if the extra 8gb of ram was still in it. Please help, inbetween these events I installed a Geforce Driver for the GTX850m card, (GeForce Game Ready Driver). Perhaps that has something to do with it? But can someone please guide me in making my laptop back to factory standard. (8Gb ram GTX850m I7 quad core 1TB) Please help.

More ram will not really increase the FPS in gaming and even without buying the extra 8gb ram you did, your stock ram was most likely not even half way used. I would remove the graphics driver completely and reinstall the latest driver from nvidia's website. Also check if your power settings on your laptop is on HIGH PERFORMANCE so you can get the most out of it overall. Don't feel bad about the additional ram you bought. The laptops performance should not get worse by adding more ram so that shouldn't be the problem. If you feel you need to return the ram you bought, feel free. Also, make sure your graphics settings are all set to default. Let me know if you need help removing the driver. I would remove it from the programs list, then check device manager that it's gone. Lastly, I'd run ccleaner and get rid of all the temporary and registry files associated with the driver to fully remove it and it's settings. First just try a basic uninstall and reinstall latest drivers! By the way, did you by any chance mess with the games' graphics settings since you added the additional ram?

No I didn't change the settings, but thank you for your feedback, ill try just as you say.