Asus Formula Release

Does anyone know when the formula vi will be released? I'm pretty sure they announced it at computex and I'm wondering what price range might be and the specs. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks  :)

A Swedish retailer has priced the motherboard, http://www.webhallen.com/se-sv/hardvara/177738-asus_maximus_vi_formula-atx-z87.

I doubt it is final though. But I would expect it to be a lot more expensive than the former Maximus V Formula since the Maximus VI Hero pretty much replaced the Formula in terms of pricing. So expect the new Formula board to come in at a more premium price than previously.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

Oh ok thanks, yah I would expect it to be more but how much? The hero is like $230 and the extreme is $400 so what would the formula be, like $300 or something like that? Also do you know if you can take the tuf armor off? Personally I hate the look of the armor.

Oh ok thanks, yah I would expect it to be more but how much? The hero is like $230 and the extreme is $400 so what would the formula be, like $300 or something like that? Also do you know if you can take the tuf armor off? Personally I hate the look of the armor.

I'm almost 100% certain that you can remove the TUF armor. But that is kind off the whole deal with the Formula board, alongside the onboard sound. So I don't see why you would want to remove it. But the pricing should be inbetween the Hero and Extreme.

In your case the Maximus VI Hero sounds like a better purchase in my opinion.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

I'm almost 100% certain that you can remove the TUF armor. But that is kind off the whole deal with the Formula board, alongside the onboard sound. So I don't see why you would want to remove it. But the pricing should be inbetween the Hero and Extreme.

In your case the Maximus VI Hero sounds like a better purchase in my opinion.

Yah it does but idk the tuf armor doesn't look that good imo.

Yah it does but idk the tuf armor doesn't look that good imo.

Meh, I think it will look crazy if you watercool it.

But anyways, go for the Maximus VI Hero and add the money you save to get a better GPU or CPU. Assuming you are building a new rig.

But anyways, go for the Maximus VI Hero and add the money you save to get a better GPU or CPU. Assuming you are building a new rig.

Well yah kinda more of just an intrest but I already have a gpu because yes I am planning on building a new rig soon.

Holy shit!  Is this the best news or what!!!  So Ive been torn between the z87 Sabertooth, or an ROG board for the ROG features like Ramdisk etc.  Now youre telling me I an get an ROG board, that has TUF armor on it and looks insane???? Fuck yes!  Im totally getting the Formula!

I am waiting ever so patently for this board!

Im just wondering if anyone has and idea or knows what the molex on the bottom is going to be for?
DSC0190de5_zpsd2f9b852.jpg

I am waiting ever so patently for this board!

Im just wondering if anyone has and idea or knows what the molex on the bottom is going to be for?

DSC0190de5_zpsd2f9b852.jpg

I have no idea what the hack that could be for but the board looks really awesome.

I have no idea what the hack that could be for but the board looks really awesome.

Extra power for pcie maybe?

the top 4-pin is for extra voltage for CPU extreme usage and the lower molex for

GPU 3-way usage. makes for cable tidying a bit more difficult, but mainly for LN2

and sub-zero runs.

airdeano

Also waiting for this board, ordered the case and cpu already for a rig overhaul with haswell. I'm really looking forward to it, hope they release it in the next 2 weeks. :)

i7 4770K - Maximus VI Formula - GTX 780 Ti - Corsair 900D 

Theres rumors that the GTX 780 DC2 and ROG formula are coming out on the 25th, but thats only random posts Ive read when looking on google, so who knows really.  That would be awesome though if its true.

how's the Hero compared to the Deluxe? In term of durability, reliablity, audtio etc. The hero doesn't include Wifi, correct?

how's the Hero compared to the Deluxe? In term of durability, reliablity, audtio etc. The hero doesn't include Wifi, correct?

Only thing I'm certain of is that the Hero doesn't include Wifi as you said. Pretty sure it has much better onboard sound aswell.

A Swedish retailer has priced the motherboard, http://www.webhallen.com/se-sv/hardvara/177738-asus_maximus_vi_formula-atx-z87.

I doubt it is final though. But I would expect it to be a lot more expensive than the former Maximus V Formula since the Maximus VI Hero pretty much replaced the Formula in terms of pricing. So expect the new Formula board to come in at a more premium price than previously.

Haha just looked at that link and the converted it to the Australian Dollar and it works out to cost $5 more then the extreme surely anus wont allow that.... i might wait and see with this board, might get Gigabytes GA-Z87-UD4H and a Xonar sound card if it is cost less...

Haha just looked at that link and the converted it to the Australian Dollar and it works out to cost $5 more then the extreme surely anus wont allow that.... i might wait and see with this board, might get Gigabytes GA-Z87-UD4H and a Xonar sound card if it is cost less...

Or the msi gd65. That board is awesome!

I have just seen a listing for the Formula on Scan.co.uk at £175.96 which seems like its a really good price, especially with the built in watercooling on the Mobo

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/asus-maximus-vi-formula-%28socket-1150-z87-ddr3-atx%29

If that link doesnt work then just go on: http://www.scan.co.uk/ then navigate through the menus to z87

Unforutnaly there is no release date on it, but having it on there site is a good sign that it is not that far away

I asked the Asus reps about the Formula when Tom's Hardware did an "ask me anything" and they said sometime this month.