Build Challenge

magicman1358

So I'm trying to make build that is under 300$ based on an AMD APU. I got to closer to 400$ than 300 so I'm wondering if anyone can do better. Trying to be able to play Battlefield probably on medium settings to give a level of performance that I'm trying to go after. No Dvd/ Cd drive is needed on the build

Need an operating system?

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/18iJN

I declare it impossible.

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Peripherals: Logitech G502 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Red switch) |

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/18iJN

I declare it impossible.

If only ram prices didn't go up :(. i swear, 4gb before 2013 was much cheaper.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Need an operating system?

Windows 7 preferably

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/18jWF

This can play BF3 in mid settings on one monitor

Fractal is $10 today, IDK how that works but yea

The video card is 2GB you can play BF3 in mid low settings with a 1GB if you want to bring down the price even more or you can remove the GPU and it'll be $76 less and you'll have your -$300 build.

The Syndicate

How well do you think this would run battlefield without the 630?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/18jWF

This can play BF3 in mid settings on one monitor

Fractal is $10 today, IDK how that works but yea

The video card is 2GB you can play BF3 in mid low settings with a 1GB if you want to bring down the price even more or you can remove the GPU and it'll be $76 less and you'll have your -$300 build.

How well do you think battlefield would run without the GT 630? This PC is for my friend and he's not really a big PC gamer but we as his friends are all on PC and are trying to get him to at least be multiplatform. This a start in a way haha

How well do you think battlefield would run without the GT 630? This PC is for my friend and he's not really a big PC gamer but we as his friends are all on PC and are trying to get him to at least be multiplatform. This a start in a way haha

I think it will run it fairly well.

If he's transitioning form console. disable all the really graphicly intensive features so that he can get a console like experience and so that the game can run even smoother.

I had a 2GB 550Ti and it played the game on Ultra fairly okay.

This build has a APU so the game will run a bit better.

I'm thinking he wont see it coming with such a basic build.

The Syndicate

Ok looks good. I completely forgot about this website. Thanks for the build The Syndicate! Hopefully he decides to make a build. If anyone else can top this I'll be impressed

If your friend wants to become a PC gamer, and would usually be on a console, tell him to save the money that he would spend on a next gen console and put it towards a new PC.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Windows 7 preferably

Aren't operating systems free?

The only way I see it being achievable is:

- Buying parts from a friend that wants to upgrade

- Going to a couple of used parts stores in your area (preferably being able to see what you are buying working).

- Risk Ebaying.

- Free operating system

Otherwise, I declare it to be impossible.