psu too big?

Cats can use computers

here is my build : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sk3jsY

as you can see there is a RM650 psu in there, but i found a RM850 on sale for a great price. i only rly buy from 1 website and it does not sell the rm650 , should i just buy the 850 or go somewhere else to get a 650?

>tfw no princessan 

my rig : Intel Xeon 1246-v3 , asus z97 sabertooth mark 1 , 16gb hyperx fury , 1tb wd black , 240gb hyperx 3k ssd , corsair 650w RM psu , hyper 212 evo , gtx 970 ,

and a cat

How much did you find the 850 for?  Depending on how much it is, you could just get that for upgradability, but all you really need right now is the 650.

Processor Intel Core i5-4690K CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 RAM 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD Graphics Card EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Case NZXT Phantom (Black) PSU Corsair CX600M Operating System Windows 10 Monitor BenQ GL2760H Headset Skullcandy PLYR 1 & Sennheiser Momentum

Well the 850 PSU will be overkill for the build but you will be fine to use it and since it's on a good sale maybe you will be able to utilise the leftover power in the future so it's not a bad idea to get it.

You don't need a 850W (or even 650W) for that build but it wont hurt, you might just loose a bit of efficiency when idling which really isn't a big deal so go for it if the price is similar.

here is my build : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sk3jsY

as you can see there is a RM650 psu in there, but i found a RM850 on sale for a great price. i only rly buy from 1 website and it does not sell the rm650 , should i just buy the 850 or go somewhere else to get a 650?

It would be fine, and it gives you some growing room(for when you OC with 4 970's lol). I'm not sure about the RM series of power supplies though, since I have seen many people not recommend them.

How much did you find the 850 for?  Depending on how much it is, you could just get that for upgradability, but all you really need right now is the 650.

€135

>tfw no princessan 

my rig : Intel Xeon 1246-v3 , asus z97 sabertooth mark 1 , 16gb hyperx fury , 1tb wd black , 240gb hyperx 3k ssd , corsair 650w RM psu , hyper 212 evo , gtx 970 ,

and a cat

Get that RM850 if you find it cheap. It won't hurt! 

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Hey Cats,

Do you plan to eventually add another GPU later? If not the 850 is a bit overkill. Even the 650 is by far strong enough to handle your build.

I have a similar build (TDP wise) and i am using a 580W PSU (rig in my profile). 

The thing with a bigger than needed PSU is that you loose a bit of your efficency. But obviously it would work fine.

Machines take me by surprise with great frequency

Hey Cats,

Do you plan to eventually add another GPU later? If not the 850 is a bit overkill. Even the 650 is by far strong enough to handle your build.

I have a similar build (TDP wise) and i am using a 580W PSU (rig in my profile). 

The thing with a bigger than needed PSU is that you loose a bit of your efficency. But obviously it would work fine.

im going to get another 970 sometime. not that soon tho , maybe in a year or 2

>tfw no princessan 

and a cat

im going to get another 970 sometime. not that soon tho , maybe in a year or 2

Then I would get it right away. Less trouble and cable managing in the future :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Then I would get it right away. Less trouble and cable managing in the future :D

What he said. If you plan to add another GPU than get the bigger one as the loss in efficency is negligible.

Machines take me by surprise with great frequency

Just remember shoving a more powerful PSU in there may mean its not running at optimal efficiency (40-50% load).

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

€135

If that's a good price where you are, then go for it (especially if you're going to add another GPU).  You won't regret it in the future when you upgrade your build.

Processor Intel Core i5-4690K CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 RAM 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD Graphics Card EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Case NZXT Phantom (Black) PSU Corsair CX600M Operating System Windows 10 Monitor BenQ GL2760H Headset Skullcandy PLYR 1 & Sennheiser Momentum

what about a 750w?

>tfw no princessan 

and a cat

EVGA Supernova G2 750W > Corsair RM