would this build be good? Any help is appreciated!

newjanson
Go to solution Solved by Lorunification,

What do you mean the 4790k and the 750 just dont match? Are they not compatible? I already have a 750 and I'm only looking to upgrade my cpu and after the ram and the psu

Hey,

Sorry for the bad choice of words. Of course the i7-4970K and the GTX 750 are compatible. What i meant is that the Intel i7-4790K is an up-to-date high end CPU while the GTX 750 is a mere mid range GPU from the last generation. But if you plan to upgrade the GPU later on that is totaly fine and you can just ignore what i said before.

What we are trying to say is if you don't plan to upgrade your GPU it would make sense to save a few bucks on the CPU and spend this money on a more potent GPU. This would result in an overall better performance for gaming. You could (as Epic_Nex mentioned) switch in a i5-4690k. Totally fine for gaming and video editing, too.

more ram , cheaper ram , you can get 8b for around $80 and a better gpu and maybe a new psu and a ssd

>tfw no princessan 

my rig : Intel Xeon 1246-v3 , asus z97 sabertooth mark 1 , 16gb hyperx fury , 1tb wd black , 240gb hyperx 3k ssd , corsair 650w RM psu , hyper 212 evo , gtx 970 ,

and a cat

Hi NewJanson

• On first glance i would say the CPU/GPU relation is unbiased. The 4790K and the 750 just don't match. You should go with a smaller CPU or upgrade the GPU to get a better performance ratio on those.
  • Also i think you should throw in another 4 gigs of ram.
  • Throw in a SSD as boot drive
  • Get some system fans and a decent CPU cooler

But as Rheinwasser already mentioned all this depends on what you are going to use the system.

Regards,

Lorunification

Machines take me by surprise with great frequency

Get atleast 2x4gb kit of 1600Mhz memory, 4gb is not enough for gaming with a high-end CPU. http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/crucial-memory-bls2kit4g3d1609ds1s00

Get a WD Black, Blue or Seagate Barracuda drive instead, The Green drives are slower and the Blue and barracuda are pretty mid while the Black are the fastest. http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/seagate-internal-hard-drive-st2000dm001

And get a better PSU, The PSU is what powers Everything, If it fails it has the power to kill the entire system. http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-cx600m

As for the case, It doesnt really matter as long as you like it.

Preferibly, You should get a SSD too since you are going high-end on the CPU so i expect you to want to load alot of stuff.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

downgrade to an i5-4690k and then get 2x4gb ram and then poor the rest of the money into a better gpu

make sure your psu will be enough for the new upgrades

Runescape player  II  Civ 6 and LoL noob  II  

Ok I shouldve explained more. I'm just buying the motherboard and the cpu now. I already have a gpu, case, ram etc. I have a 60gb ssd too

I'd upgrade the ram after and i'd get a new psu and i'd give away my old pc to my parents

Get atleast 2x4gb kit of 1600Mhz memory, 4gb is not enough for gaming with a high-end CPU. http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/crucial-memory-bls2kit4g3d1609ds1s00

Get a WD Black, Blue or Seagate Barracuda drive instead, The Green drives are slower and the Blue and barracuda are pretty mid while the Black are the fastest. http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/seagate-internal-hard-drive-st2000dm001

And get a better PSU, The PSU is what powers Everything, If it fails it has the power to kill the entire system. http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-cx600m

As for the case, It doesnt really matter as long as you like it.

Preferibly, You should get a SSD too since you are going high-end on the CPU so i expect you to want to load alot of stuff.

ok thank you. Would this build work decent? After id upgrade these parts I have a pc already, and I'm planning to get a high end cpu and a motherboard for this price.

Hi NewJanson

• On first glance i would say the CPU/GPU relation is unbiased. The 4790K and the 750 just don't match. You should go with a smaller CPU or upgrade the GPU to get a better performance ratio on those.
  • Also i think you should throw in another 4 gigs of ram.
  • Throw in a SSD as boot drive
  • Get some system fans and a decent CPU cooler

But as Rheinwasser already mentioned all this depends on what you are going to use the system.

Regards,

Lorunification

What do you mean the 4790k and the 750 just dont match? Are they not compatible? I already have a 750 and I'm only looking to upgrade my cpu and after the ram and the psu

use?

EDIT:

you should get more ram and a psu as well as an ssd.

video editing, programming, gaming and maybe game streaming

Hey,

Sorry for the bad choice of words. Of course the i7-4970K and the GTX 750 are compatible. What i meant is that the Intel i7-4790K is an up-to-date high end CPU while the GTX 750 is a mere mid range GPU from the last generation. But if you plan to upgrade the GPU later on that is totaly fine and you can just ignore what i said before.

What we are trying to say is if you don't plan to upgrade your GPU it would make sense to save a few bucks on the CPU and spend this money on a more potent GPU. This would result in an overall better performance for gaming. You could (as Epic_Nex mentioned) switch in a i5-4690k. Totally fine for gaming and video editing, too.

Machines take me by surprise with great frequency

Hey,

thank you.

ok thank you. Would this build work decent? After id upgrade these parts I have a pc already, and I'm planning to get a high end cpu and a motherboard for this price.

It would be good enough, It will run, In particular games like Planetside 2 which is Very CPU heavy would run nicely.

4gb will be enough, But you can probably not use both chrome and a game at the same time while running smoothly.

The only choice that would not be beneficial is the HDD, Preferibly, Get a WD blue or Seagate Barracuda, They are faster, But a WD Black would be the best, Since they are some of the fastest HDD's you can find.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer