ssd raid help

ajhoranny89
Go to solution Solved by Excon,

You could put them in Raid together but dont. It would be a waste of 250Gb of space on the Evo. They dont have to be the same capacity but they should be

Hi, i have a samsung 840pro 256gb ssd which im planbing to use on my rig. Theres a guy that could possibly give me a good deal on a samsung evo 500gb ssd. I was thinking to put them in a raid but do both ssd have be the same brand, capacity,model in order to be compatible for a raid? Or can i go aheas an make an offer on this evo?

You could put them in Raid together but dont. It would be a waste of 250Gb of space on the Evo. They dont have to be the same capacity but they should be

Hi, i have a samsung 840pro 256gb ssd which im planbing to use on my rig. Theres a guy that could possibly give me a good deal on a samsung evo 500gb ssd. I was thinking to put them in a raid but do both ssd have be the same brand, capacity,model in order to be compatible for a raid? Or can i go aheas an make an offer on this evo?

Sell the 250GB one and buy 2 500GB EVOs, then put them in RAID0.

I have 2 Samsung EVOs in RAID0 and can tell the difference between a single SSD and 2 in RAID0. It is such a huge improvement.