Christmas Build

Austin4606

It will max Tf2 for you no problem.

| CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.4Ghz  | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming  | CPU COOLING: FRACTAL DESIGN S36 | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus Vii HERO | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600MHz  | CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 850W Fully Modular | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | SSD: 256GB Crucial MX100 | DISPLAY: Dell U2414H | HEADSET: Corsair H2100 Dolby 7.1 Surround |

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

It will max Tf2 for you no problem.

Not really what i care about. More or less thinking about Skyrim ENBs or BF4...

Yeah get 8 gb like @vt3c mentioned,

Why do you prefer win7 over 8 if I may ask?

Not exactly where you're seeing 4GB. I am getting 8GB of ram.

Never used Windows 8. Rather not take a risk.

Not really what i care about. More or less thinking about Skyrim ENBs or BF4...

The i5 will slaughter the fx 6300 in skyrim. Get the i5 but save a bit of money and get 8gb of ram. Also you should have posted this in the new builds and planning forum :P

The i5 will slaughter the fx 6300 in skyrim. Get the i5 but save a bit of money and get 8gb of ram. Also you should have posted this in the new builds and planning forum :P

Didn't know that area existed. Whoops.

Find me an i5 less than the fx 6300 and you got a deal. My budget is tight due to only getting HALF of what i was hoping for Christmas.

Not exactly where you're seeing 4GB. I am getting 8GB of ram.

Never used Windows 8. Rather not take a risk.

Woops, my bad, read it wrong.

Didn't know that area existed. Whoops.

Find me an i5 less than the fx 6300 and you got a deal. My budget is tight due to only getting HALF of what i was hoping for Christmas.

Finding an i5 which is less than the fx 6300 is near impossible. A cpu which would perform better in gaming than the fx 6300 and is similar in price would be the i3 4150.

Please learn how to read. It clearly says 4gbx2 (4x2=8 just in case you skipped math)

Clearly not in his budget and the gpu matters more and will not bottleneck a 280.

Looks good. I would suggest saving 60 bucks more for a 120gb ssd boot drive but other than that that is a really solid budget build. Have fun ;)

Finding an i5 which is less than the fx 6300 is near impossible. A cpu which would perform better in gaming than the fx 6300 and is similar in price would be the i3 4150.

Exactly. The fx-6300 is for people like me on a budget. I really would love to get an i5, but sadly i just don't have enough cash. If it can run new games on medium-high at 60FPS i'm fine.

Just no. I dont even have to say anything but if you are going dual core you should be getting a Pentium anniversary and that no one should be getting a dual core unless they absolutely have to due to its limited upgradabliity when it comes to getting a new gpu.

Just no.

An i3 is better in gaming than the fx 6300. The core i3 will slaughter the fx 6300 in skyrim while keeping up in bf4. 

An i3 is better in gaming than the fx 6300. The core i3 will slaughter the fx 6300 in skyrim while keeping up in bf4. 

Are you crazy? It's dual-core. Please do your research. 

Edit: I apologize. Appears i didn't do my research. The reviews are amazing..

Are you crazy? It's dual-core. Please do your research. 

Edit: I apologize. Appears i didn't do my research. The reviews are amazing..

Was gonna link some benchmarks. But the i3 is a better choice. It will deliver much better performance in games which depend on single threaded performance (skyrim) while not being that shabby in games which are heavily multi threaded. It also runs cooler and allows you to upgrade to an i5/i7 in the future.

Please learn how to read. It clearly says 4gbx2 (4x2=8 just in case you skipped math)

5NidmIw.png

I can read, and I know my math pretty well. Oh yeah, and screenshots are a thing too.

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

5NidmIw.png

I can read, and I know my math pretty well. Oh yeah, and screenshots are a thing too.

Well on mine it says 2x4 gigabytes and the op and one other guy seems to agree with me.

You're looking at the wrong build. It's the build below that one sir. https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Austin8464/saved/ZTcNnQ

Oh. The link you sent gave me a list of your builds. I just clicked the christmas build. 

Slaughter is a bit of an overstatement. Perform about the same is more like it. If he wants to stay with the same processor until his next build i would go 6300. If he wants to upgrade his system i would go i3 just so he can get an i5 or i7 later on down the line.

Slaughter is a bit of an overstatement. Perform about the same is more like it. If he wants to stay with the same processor until his next build i would go 6300. If he wants to upgrade his system i would go i3 just so he can get an i5 or i7 later on down the line.

The only game where the i3 would perform much much better is in skyrim because it only uses 2 cores. In most games they will perform the same .

SkyrimUltraCPUBottleneck2013.png

Benchmark shows just how much skyrim loves singe core performance

The only game where the i3 would perform much much better is in skyrim because it only uses 2 cores. In most games they will perform the same .

Perhaps you can find some benchmarks to back this up. In most of the synthetic and real world benchmarks  (not gaming) the 6300 performs reasonably better  than the i3. Also i wish to point out the fact that the difference would be negligible in games as long as bottle necking isnt occurring. Also i fail to see how the i3 would perform better? If skyrim only uses two cores then the 6300 should perform the same as it has more than 2 cores. To be perfectly honest even though most games prefer fewer higher clocked cores nowadays there are more and more games that benefits from a quad core (or above). In general that is.

Perhaps you can find some benchmarks to back this up. In most of the synthetic and real world benchmarks  (not gaming) the 6300 performs reasonably better  than the i3. Also i wish to point out the fact that the difference would be negligible in games as long as bottle necking isnt occurring. Also i fail to see how the i3 would perform better? If skyrim only uses two cores then the 6300 should perform the same as it has more than 2 cores. To be perfectly honest even though most games prefer fewer higher clocked cores nowadays there are more and more games that benefits from a quad core (or above). In general that is.

Skyrim runs better on intel since intel has much better single core performance. Shown by the graph which i linked above^

Skyrim runs better on intel since intel has much better single core performance. Shown by the graph which i linked above^

Ill agree that intel has much better single core performance but the fact that they are comparing an i7 to an 8350 makes that graph irrelevant.