Newbie needs help with a portable gaming pc

Aoubg
Go to solution Solved by anders_b,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gauyfvx3zk79uhp/Capture.PNG?dl=0 i know it is a bit over buget but see if there is other places where it is cheaper

Hi i would like to know what the best parts for a portable gaming pc that can handle most or all games at ultra in 1080p. 

I live in Sweden and my budget is 8000-9000kr (1000-1150$)

A monitor would be nice but is not required 

I got this build m8

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z97M-ITX/AC Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($115.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card  ($184.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Silverstone RVZ01B Mini ITX Desktop Case  ($78.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $842.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-24 16:50 EST-0500

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I got this build m8

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z97M-ITX/AC Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($115.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card  ($184.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Silverstone RVZ01B Mini ITX Desktop Case  ($78.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $842.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-24 16:50 EST-0500

r9 280 isn't that amazing

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

r9 280 isn't that amazing

Why ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

would a cm storm scout 2 with a atx board work. or would it be to heavy ?

Will probably move it every week  

I have built in it before and for portability, the 380t the best you can get

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

Why ?

Hot, poor performance compared to the 970 and older architecture 

The 970 is more expensive and the R9 280 Dual-X is a great card and has an amazing performance.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

The 970 is more expensive and the R9 280 Dual-X is a great card and has an amazing performance.

amazing would be a overstatement but it is the best card for med-high specs and is a card most favourably picked when going for a more budget build.

Also Sweden is in Europe I hope americans have some degree of knowledge about where europe is and he would be better off if you would pick germany in the PCPP even if it is in Euro's it is probably more close to his prices.

@Aoubg where are you gonna order and what is the price in dollars for a I5-4690k or a EVGA GTX970 ACX2.0?

Should i get a mini-itx case and upgrade the graphics card later or a atx case and a sli motherboard ? 

amazing would be a overstatement but it is the best card for med-high specs and is a card most favourably picked when going for a more budget build.

Also Sweden is in Europe I hope americans have some degree of knowledge about where europe is and he would be better off if you would pick germany in the PCPP even if it is in Euro's it is probably more close to his prices.

@Aoubg where are you gonna order and what is the price in dollars for a I5-4690k or a EVGA GTX970 ACX2.0?

Why would it be a overstatement m8 ?

No shit m8 we aren't stupid we fucking know that Sweden is in Europe in face it's in western Europe, how about that are we smart enough for you ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Should i get a mini-itx case and upgrade the graphics card later or a atx case and a sli motherboard ? 

You want a portable rig ? why did you even suggest ATX ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

You want a portable rig ? why did you even suggest ATX ?

Fair point just wondered if the extra weight was worth the ability to have 2 graphics cards 

Fair point just wondered if the extra weight was worth the ability to have 2 graphics cards 

Why not have a single high-end card.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Why not have a single high-end card.

No idea ill go with a mini-itx case 

No idea ill go with a mini-itx case 

Okay m8 if you need help just ask.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Why would it be a overstatement m8 ?

No shit m8 we aren't stupid we fucking know that Sweden is in Europe in face it's in western Europe, how about that are we smart enough for you ?

You still look dum to me as you have to directly result to insults and plus the fact that you use this stupid "m8". Sorry but it is just really useless if he states that he comes from a European country and people list american prices. Second yes it is a overstatement the 280 is a high-mid tier GPU not a high end GPU, it is really good for only 180-200 euro's but when one has more money it should be spend on a 290 but preferably 970.

You still look dum to me as you have to directly result to insults and plus the fact that you use this stupid "m8". Sorry but it is just really useless if he states that he comes from a European country and people list american prices. Second yes it is a overstatement the 280 is a high-mid tier GPU not a high end GPU, it is really good for only 180-200 euro's but when one has more money it should be spend on a 290 but preferably 970.

I don't think PCPARTPICKER has a Sweden site, why do you think I gave him a build that still has 200+ to spend m8 why ?

It's will play all games on ultra at 1080p - just not ubishit titles- it's not an overstatement I would say you saying that the 970 is good is an overstatement because compared to the 980 it's worse you make no sense.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I don't think PCPARTPICKER has a Sweden site, why do you think I gave him a build that still has 200+ to spend.

Yeah I also said he was better off when you used the german PCPP but well apparently you didn't read that.

Yeah I also said he was better off when you used the german PCPP but well apparently you didn't read that.

Nope didn't read that, it's not a reason to insult other people m8, also it's not an overstatement. 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Nope didn't read that, it's not a reason to insult other people m8, also it's not an overstatement. 

Okey keep believing that.