what to check for in a 2nd hand monitor

callmecars

so I'm planning on buying a second hand monitor from someone who actually sells second hand monitors for a living (makes sense? it's a real shop but doesn't sell brand new stuff), plus the thing is more than%50 off from its brand new price in other stores

anyway the good thing is I can test it out before I buy it, and it only has a one month warranty

and since I can test it out, I just wanna ask what things should I look out for? and how?

Use this. Hover over the top of the webpage and under 'Color range' select 'Multiple'

Make sure no colors are wanky/weird

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.

Use this. Hover over the top of the webpage and under 'Color range' select 'Multiple'

Make sure no colors are wanky/weird

I like this more, at least you gave definite instructions. though what would you define as wanky/weird colors? how can I tell the difference?

wait where on the top of what webpage should I find what you said?

Edited by callmecars

No dead pixels, Bleeding and scratchs

I get how to check for scratches (duh), but how do I check for bleeding? is that where I need to be in a dark room? and also how do I check for dead pixels? do I have to really look at it or is there another way?

I like this more, at least you gave definite instructions. though what would you define as wanky/weird colors? how can I tell the difference?

wait where on the top of what webpage should I find what you said?

If a certain color seems out of place, then most likely the monitor is damaged in some way and isn't worth having.

The controls fade away, so hover your mouse over the top center of the webpage and they should reappear

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.

I get how to check for scratches (duh), but how do I check for bleeding? is that where I need to be in a dark room? and also how do I check for dead pixels? do I have to really look at it or is there another way?

Dead pixels are stuck and bleeding looks like

spot.jpg

Steve