Nexus products

ERSCreeper

So... I have to get a tablet for school and i'm looking at the Nexus 7 32Gb Wifi 3G. It the cheapest tablet I can get in my country and when I go to America I might get a Nexus 4 to replace my POS Blackberry. What do you all think?

\

If you like the Android experience, then Nexus products are great. They are always the one of the first to be updated when new versions of Android come out, due to the direct link with Google. What are you planning on doing with your Nexus 7? It is only a small form factor tablet so I'm not sure it is the best for productivity (school work etc). If that is an issue for you, I'd consider another tablet. Windows 8 tablets are probably the most productivity-tailored out there, although a larger Android/iPad tablet are good for work too. From a personal perspective, I don't think Android on tablets is quite there, so I'd look elsewhere.

You were a noob once too!

The nexus 7 is more userful to browse the internet or watch movies. I never wrote anything on it, it is totally intended for entertainement, win8 tablets are the polar opposite.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

People are annoyed with the small screen from a productivity standpoint... but there is literally nothing different between the nexus 7 and other android tablets from a productivity stand point. The samsung tablets have some add ons, but android is android. So if you can get over the screen size you will be fine. I would not buy a windows tablet at this point... I owned a zune and was burned by microsoft for the last time.

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

Well, the iPad/Surface is expensive in comparison so I will go with Android. Like I said before its budget restricted. If I had the money I would buy a surface pro etc. :P

\

I think both the nexus 4 would be a good choice if you are looking for a change, I have the galaxy nexus and really like it.

There's nothing like a Nexus for putting on custom roms that look very much like stock android with some extra features :)