Possible Teacher

hazza_ob

Hi, i've just been skimming down the other posts and I've found that coding is pretty interesting. I know about the physical components of a computer and how they all fit together but i want to lear the software side of things as well. I have a basic understanding of how code is written but it is extremely basic, so thats why I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to teach me some code and how to write it over Skype or something similar. 

Thanks for everything - Harry

how did you learn?

I didn't.

I used to have a book somewhere around here on Java. I read ~half of it.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Hi, i've just been skimming down the other posts and I've found that coding is pretty interesting. I know about the physical components of a computer and how they all fit together but i want to lear the software side of things as well. I have a basic understanding of how code is written but it is extremely basic, so thats why I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to teach me some code and how to write it over Skype or something similar. 

Thanks for everything - Harry

it depends on your needs. if you want to learn website creation. you want html css and java . but for for applications. C# is the thing too.

I can't teach you much . but you can learn easely and freely here : www.codeacademy.com

edit : realised ... 1,000 POST :D :D :D

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

lynda.com/linus O.o

Athlon X4 760K | MSI A88X-G43 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333Mhz | MSI R7 260X 2GB | Corsair 300R | Corsair CX430 | 640GB HDD | Windows 7 64-bit

HP W2071d 20" 900p TN | Stock Dell K/B | Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 + SteelSeries Qck Portal 2 Ed. | Grado SR80i + cheap 2.0 speakers

Ya I could help with some problems that you come across while programming, but first learning a language and it's standard library is recommended. These can be on youtube by bucky or other sites listed above like lynda and code academy.

Also if you're in school I'd suggest taking a computer science class, that's how I got into programming anyways.

lynda.com

also maybe some dudes on IRC might teach you if you find the right room *that's all I'm saying*

maybe some dudes on IRC might teach you if you find the right room *that's all I'm saying*

What's IRC?