Apple TV

wfalgui

Do you guys think it's worth it to buy an Apple TV? Specifically the Air Play function with the different Apple devices.

Thanks! :D 

Do you guys think it's worth it to buy an Apple TV? Specifically the Air Play function with the different Apple devices.

Thanks! :D

hell yes, I have 2 they are fantastic

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

i think Apply TV is so restrictive. unless you have the Apple eco system of devices i wouldnt be touching them.

For instance, unless you jail break the unit you cannot install XMBC or any other media applications. worst of all the unit cant even play AVI or MKV natively.

There are other devices that are around the same price, far more capable and way more powerful.

CD Transport: Oppo 105 > RCA: Morrow MA1 / HDMI > Processor: Primare SP33 > RCA: Morrow MA1 > Amplifier: Elektra Theatron 7 > Speaker Cables: Neotech > Speakers: Monitor Audio RS8

i think Apply TV is so restrictive. unless you have the Apple eco system of devices i wouldnt be touching them.

For instance, unless you jail break the unit you cannot install XMBC or any other media applications. worst of all the unit cant even play AVI or MKV natively.

There are other devices that are around the same price, far more capable and way more powerful.

device such as? 

oh, and primarily, i like apple tv for the airplay function with the mac pro and idevices :) 

since you have invested in the Apple eco system then Apple TV is great.

but if you hadnt Nexus Player, Mi Box, Raspberry Pi and Roku are way more powerful and capable than the Apple TV.

CD Transport: Oppo 105 > RCA: Morrow MA1 / HDMI > Processor: Primare SP33 > RCA: Morrow MA1 > Amplifier: Elektra Theatron 7 > Speaker Cables: Neotech > Speakers: Monitor Audio RS8

It's great. While I won't recommend getting one now because the current version is outdated, I'd still recommend it. I love mine. While I do have a MacBook Pro, I primarily use my PC to watch TV shows and movies streamed over Ethernet using the AppleTV.

Wait until the next Apple keynote thing to see if they update the AppleTV.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB