PCIe speeds for audio production

Hey guys, first time post/thread!

I'm starting to finalize plans for a new audio production/gaming rig.  My question to you fine folks here is: will the speed boost (1-4 G/s) of a PCIe SSD NOTICEABLY improve performance with a multitrack software like Cubase, Ableton, Protocols, etc?  Is it worth a the money, or should I just stick with a SATA3 SSD?  Thanks!

Ps Assume I will be using a multicore, hyperthreaded processor, if that helps.

No, it's not worth the extra money at all.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

The double-quadruple read/write speeds for pcie won't effect live sample-based effects and phrase sequencing in a multitrack environment with 30-40 tracks running?

I guess it depends on the sample file size, and how many are used at the same time, but honestly I don't believe it would need anything faster than a standard sata 3 ssd with decent read & random read speeds

Cartman - AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 3.1Ghz - 10GB Ram (Mwahahah) - 256GB Crucial MX100 Boot - 2TB WD Red - Gainward GTX 770 - Zalman Insanely Loud CNPS14X - Corsair 230T Orange

Stan - Intel Pentium G3320 - 8GB Ram - 128GB Intel 520 - Raid 1 6TB WD Reds - Bit Fenix Prodigy

Kenny - HP 14 Ultrabook (No name apperently) i3 4130 - 128GB Intel 520

TL; DR waste of money, your wouldn't be able to generate that much disk bandwidth if you wanted to.

This is just math.  Even if you're using absurdly high quality audio sources, you'll probably never have anything with a bitrate higher than 10Mb/s. That means even if your software were reading 100 audio source files at the same time, it would only be pulling 1000 Mb/s == 1Gb/s == 125MB/s off the disk. Realistically, with 30-40 tracks, still assuming an outrageous bitrate of 10Mb/s, that's 38-50MB/s. Even a sata2 SSD can read at ~250MB/s, which is 5x faster.

Also, you're forgetting that there's the filesystem's cache in between you and your disk. So frequently used files will get read once from disk, and subsequent reads will come from main memory. There's a good chance that your disk will be doing noting at any given time.

Workstation: 3930k @ 4.3GHz under an H100 - 4x8GB ram - infiniband HCA  - xonar essence stx - gtx 680 - sabretooth x79 - corsair C70 Server: i7 3770k (don't ask) - lsi-9260-4i used as an HBA - 6x3TB WD red (raidz2) - crucia m4's (60gb (ZIL, L2ARC), 120gb (OS)) - 4X8GB ram - infiniband HCA - define mini  Goodies: Røde podcaster w/ boom & shock mount - 3x1080p ips panels (NEC monitors for life) - k90 - g9x - sp2500's - HD598's - kvm switch

ZFS tutorial

Also, you're forgetting that there's the filesystem's cache in between you and your disk. So frequently used files will get read once from disk, and subsequent reads will come from main memory. There's a good chance that your disk will be doing noting at any given time.

This

Awesome!  That's the kind of explanation I was looking for.  Thanks for info guys!  This'll help me out big time (and save me $$).