Advice for 3x 1080p monitors for eyefinity.

YellowDragon

Last summer I splurged on a high end desktop with all the bells and whistles a tricked out AMD rig and upgraded minor things in the months to follow, yet I hit a snag and my car broke down and needed repairs, so it robbed me of my budget for monitors and I had to coast by with my tried and true dell 24'' 1080p monitor. This summer I have a little budget to work with, but I was hoping to pick up some 1080p monitors for eyefinity as 2 of my cards sit as really fancy case warmers. I personally am not very familiar with all that goes into a monitor besides the screen sizes and resolutions and Im looking for advice on some panels. I mainly am looking towards low cost monitors since I dont do any fancy editing work or color correction as Im a Gamer at heart and a programmer by trade (last I checked black was black and white was white :P).

CPU: FX-8150 @ 4.8GHZ (waiting on steamroller :P)

Cooler: NH-D14

MoBo: Gigabyte 990FXA- UD7

RAM: 16gb 4x4 AMD Radeon 2133MHZ Gamer Series 

Video: Tri-Fire PowerColor 7970 cards  @ 1100 core clock each  (Might go for Quad-Fire this summer)

SSD: 2x 120g Corsair Force GT in Raid0

HardDisks: 2x 1TB WD Caviar Black 64mb 7200RPM 

PSU: EVGA NEX SuperNova 1500w 

CASE: (What case?, its a testbed)

Keyboard: Logitech G510
Mouse: Logitech G600
Gamepad: Logitech G13
Joysitck: Logitech Attack3
Headset: Logitech g930

I was looking towards a set of HP LV2311 monitors as they are low cost and seem to have decent reviews on them ( dont really care about the size of bezels), thoughts?.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824176250

Asus MX279h/MX239h. Beautiful "bezel-less" display while using a matte AH-IPS screens. Also uses a silver/gray colour scheme which is more unique than your generic black on black ones :P I personally have one, so I can vouch for its build quality and amazing colours!

Linus' unboxing. Please don't try and peal the matte coating like Linus did D:

Asus' Ad

A lot of this depends on if you want to use eyefinity in portrait or landscape.

i7 4770k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance

Gigabyte z87, Phanteks Enthoo Primo

i'm considering buying one of the two. which one do you guys recommend? (I'm going for a landscape surround set up and some casual gaming, nothing competitive)

If you program, you might want to consider a screen that can tilt into portrait. or at least have a monitor with vesa mounting capabilities. I do like the "bezel-less" look of those two monitors listed above, and I was considering purchasing the acer until i realized it had no vesa mount.

Here's a monitor i'm considering for a multi display setup: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236292

It also has dvi and display port. But if you don't care about portrait mode or the mounts, then i would go with the acer because it is cheaper. 

My Build

Corsair Obsidian 350d // I7-4770k  // Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H  // MSI Gaming N760 TF 2GD5 GeForce GTX 760 // Corsair Vengance (2x8GB) 16GB // Cooler Master Seidon 240m (push-pull) // Corsair SP120 (x2) //1TB WD Blue // 120GB Samsung 840 SSD // Corsair CX600M // Win 8 - Ubuntu - OSX (on the way)

hmmm. I really like the bezel less design tho. anyone here knows of any bezel less monitor with vesa mounts and display port?

The monitors with VESA mounts are typically professional-grade or basic office ones, and none of those have bezel-less designs.  Of the two suggested the Acer is the better choice because of the DVI input.  HDMI kind of sucks.

? aren't the signals basically the same? and i thought you could get dvi-hdmi cables for cheap too

? aren't the signals basically the same? and i thought you could get dvi-hdmi cables for cheap too

HDMI is literally the devil. I'd rather use VGA

At least vga works if you need to hook your pc up to a TV in a pinch. Use hdmi and it's all BLERUGHGHGGUGHG. Can't even see the BIOS properly.

/hdmihate

HDMI behaves strangely.  Sometimes not detecting resolution correctly, other strange issues.  My friend's Xbox (via HDMI to his monitor) would reset whenever he switched inputs on the monitor.  Didn't do it when he hooked it up via VGA adapter.  HDMI just has strange issues when you use it with computers and monitors instead of TVs, consoles, and receivers.

It's only equivalent to single-link DVI as well, so it's less capable than dual-link DVI or DisplayPort.  The only thing it has going for it really is the connector is not as horrible as DVI or VGA style connectors.  And audio support, if you want to use your monitor's speakers I guess.