I need a Case

Christoph Hiesleitner

Hi guys i hope you can help i'm a 15 year old boy from Austria and I want to build myself a pc.

I just got one problem i cant find a case where i can fit a 360mm and a 240/280mm watercooling radiator in.

I'd like to put the Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate and a NZXT G10 adapter on my GTX 980 and the problem is cant find a case where the mount for the radiator is close enough to the graphics card.

And a NZXT Kraken X61 for my CPU (I7 4790k / 5820k not sure about that)

Please help me ;)

I don't use Custom Loop would take to long to build, I want to use 2 All in one water cooling systems, one with the NZXT G10 for the GPU

And the problem is no AIO cooler has hoses long enough. The Swiftech make a AIO (H220X) that is refillable and expandable.

For a 360 and 240 you will need a full size case

I don't use Custom Loop would take to long to build, I want to use 2 All in one water cooling systems, one with the NZXT G10 for the GPU

Why would you put a 360mm rad on a 980? Any aio including a Corsair H55 for example is more than enough for any gpu. 

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

This belongs in the Cases and Power Supplies section. I'm moving the thread.
The Troubleshooting section is for ...troubleshooting--please post in the correct sub-forum in the future.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You don't need to buy a 360mm AIO for a GTX 980. You don't need one at all. The overclocking on the 980s is limited by stability rather than thermals as long as you're using a non-reference model. Just buy a non-reference model! With the money "saved" from not buying a AIO for the 980, you could allocate more of a budget for your GPU. You could almost grab two 970s! Then you only need a 280mm mount for your Kraken. I would then suggest either a Corsair 450D, Corsair 350D, NZXT S340, or a Fractal Design Define R5. You never really stated what size motherboard you were planning on getting.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.6 GHz Motherboard: MSI SLI Plus Krait Edition RAM: 16 GB (2x8) 1866 MHz Kingston Black Fury Series GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT S340 (Black) Storage: Intel 730 Series SSD (240 GB), Seagate Barracuda (1 TB) Display: LG 24MP55 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB for gaming (1st Player Fire Dancing for typing) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Corsair Gaming 2100 Vengence 7.1 Headset Operating System: Windows 10

i'm planning to build on full size case an ATX motherboard, Asus Sabertooth.

you think 1 Corsair H80i (for GPU) and Kraken X61 woud fit in Corsair Obsidian 750D

i know 360 rad is overpowerd but i want my 980 to run under 55° and CPU as cool as possible without having to build a custom water loop 

They'd fit in a Corsair 450D. Don't overspend on a case. A 120mm AIO is fine for a 980. The 295x2 uses a 120mm AIO to cool two 290s. I'd go for the MSI X99 SLI Plus and a 5820K if I were you since it isn't that much more in the States, but I'd imagine that prices are ridiculously inflated in Austria. You should see if buying parts from the States and having them shipped over is cheaper since it should void both US and EU tax claims.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.6 GHz Motherboard: MSI SLI Plus Krait Edition RAM: 16 GB (2x8) 1866 MHz Kingston Black Fury Series GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT S340 (Black) Storage: Intel 730 Series SSD (240 GB), Seagate Barracuda (1 TB) Display: LG 24MP55 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB for gaming (1st Player Fire Dancing for typing) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Corsair Gaming 2100 Vengence 7.1 Headset Operating System: Windows 10

They'd fit in a Corsair 450D. Don't overspend on a case. A 120mm AIO is fine for a 980. The 295x2 uses a 120mm AIO to cool two 290s. I'd go for the MSI X99 SLI Plus and a 5820K if I were you since it isn't that much more in the States, but I'd imagine that prices are ridiculously inflated in Austria. You should see if buying parts from the States and having them shipped over is cheaper since it should void both US and EU tax claims.

i'd buy everythin excapt the case in the us, have them sendt to my uncles house in Florida and he could take them back to austria.

the prices are sonteimes the same but the 5820k is 150€ more than the 4790k in austria :(

i know 360 rad is overpowerd but i want my 980 to run under 55° and CPU as cool as possible without having to build a custom water loop 

A h55 is more than enough to keep a 980 under 55c at load.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

A h55 is more than enough to keep a 980 under 55c at load.

You think H80i is acceptable for gpu and Kraken X61 for 5820k if if i plan to OC it?

You think H80i is acceptable for gpu and Kraken X61 for 5820k if if i plan to OC it?

The h80i isn't compatible with the Kraken G10. Look under the spec tab for compatibility: http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/138-kraken-g10-gpu-bracket.html

The x61 is plenty for a 5820k.

Just grab a Corsair 450D or the Be Quiet Base 800. If it's not much more, buy the Base 800. It looks good, keeps the works cool, and blocks out quite a bit of noise. Those size AIOs will keep the GPU and CPU cool. I'd grab a NZXT X41 instead of the H80i though for G10 compatibility.

Just grab a Corsair 450D or the Be Quiet Base 800. If it's not much more, buy the Base 800. It looks good, keeps the works cool, and blocks out quite a bit of noise. Those size AIOs will keep the GPU and CPU cool. I'd grab a NZXT X41 instead of the H80i though for G10 compatibility.

Thanks i will do that

you got a motherboard idea for lga 1150 (i7 4790k) because the 5820k with ddr4 meory is not in my budget :(