Safe VRM Temp

Wats

So the VRM heatsink on my P8Z77-V burnt me a minute ago. I did just recently re-OC my 3570k to fixed 4.7 from an offset 4.6, CPU core temps are fine to me (right under 80C peak).

I burnt myself, so the VRM is at least 50C. I've done some Google-fu and I'm thinking the safe temp for my board's VRM is 130C. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about that 130C. Or maybe hook me up with some temp monitor besides the top of my finger. I have them all, but none of them will tell me.

Any questions at all please ask :)

What would you consider safe temps for voltage regulator modules?

Never mind. I feel better about burning myself. I found this on OCN by the Mod 'dx_1771'.

"Over Current Protection (OCP) is something I have recently been examining. Protection features exist against VRM overheating/overloading depending on motherboard model and brand. I believe it is a crucial feature on motherboards today, because this is the function that will protect your VRMs from a catastrophic failure. This is why I have never seen ASUS boards fail even if people take a lowly 3+1 ASUS boards and try to overclock a Phenom II x6 on it; ASUS boards feature this technology, as it is a part of the PWM controller design."