Reducing build sound

Rpear

First off, this is my first post so I'm not sure if this is the correct place or if there's already a topic that covers this, so apologies if there is.

I wanted to see if I could get some help reducing the sound of my (first) build that I've had for a few months, which I love, but the sound is a bit annoying. I'll list my specs so someone could spot the culprit(s):

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

MoBo: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard

RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Dual Superclocked ACX Video Card

Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer ATX Mid Tower Case (has a rear 120mm 1200 RPM fan and front 200mm fan)

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Thanks for any help. People can also post any general advice on reducing sound if they're so inclined as well.

I had most of my case fans and my H100i stock fans all replaced with Noctua NF-F12s so not only did it reduce sound it also reduce my overall temp inside the case. 

If you feel that the Noctua's are too expensive look into NZXT fans I had those and they weren't loud either. 

If spending isnt your option try lower the fan speeds.

Forgot to mention, if your PSU is on heavy load, the PSU fans do make a pretty loud sound too.

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7 RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom.CPU: i5 6600k w/ H100i

PSU: Corsair RM 850GPU:  GTX 980 Ti Case: NZXT 820 Full Tower

Have you tried identifying which parts of the system are causing the most noise?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Go to a hardware store, find some dense foam and line the panels of the case with the stuff. Cheaper than buying an R4, for sure.

Get some silence optimised fans, or try turning down the RPM of your current ones.

P.S. Welcome to the forum, and you've put it in the right part :)

Thanks for the speedy and polite tips! I've yet to troubleshoot by unplugging individual fans, but I'll do that eventually and replace the loudest with that Noctua, most likely. Can it be risky at all putting foam in the case? Seems like it would reduce airflow and heat it up.

Thanks for the speedy and polite tips! I've yet to troubleshoot by unplugging individual fans, but I'll do that eventually and replace the loudest with that Noctua, most likely. Can it be risky at all putting foam in the case? Seems like it would reduce airflow and heat it up.

Foam shouldn't damage components. Whether it would affect cooling would depend on where the foam is placed.

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.