EVE Online

Tetters

All,

After many years of playing WoW, LOTRO and more recently, Wildstar; and not enjoying the varying lack of depth of these games but having some fun all the same, a mate persuaded me to jump into EVE. This happened when we were discussing what switched us on in MMOs and my responses around the depth of SWG (pre NGE/CU) and the enjoyment in a non-leveling, skill based environment where combat wasn't always the key. Also, an environment where questing and leveling up were not the be-all-and-end-all but building towards something unique was available.

I have only just dipped my toe into the EVE universe and I think its going to be an amazing ride. I know its going to be tough, I know I have a huge learning curve in front of me but for the first time in years I am really excited. I loved SWG; I loved being a master medic and master weapon-smith; I loved the crafting and depth of the game and sandbox variety it had. I did enjoying LOTRO (am a bit of a Tolkien fan) but I had always hoped the devs would take a skill based approach to the game rather than levels. It was fun but I ran out of passion for it and felt that I was playing a prettier, slightly deeper WoW. 

Anyway, off to space for me (and being a space cadet, very grateful for all the great guides on YouTube, they are going to be a savior).

Cheers

T

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

If you've figured out how to join chat channels, join "E-UNI", "R-V-B" is good too, more focused on helping with PVP than general info. EVE University and RVB are great groups to get involved with.

I stopped playing earlier this year for money reasons, but I'm planning on resubbing after the new year.

Also be prepared, the learning curve is very steep, and hurry up and wait takes a new meaning.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S