Sennheiser Momentum vs Audio Technica ATH-M50

Aadi

I heard that both are great headphones, but not sure which to pick (sennheiser are more expensive, but I heard it is designed much better and more comfortable because I will be using these

2-3 hours at a time). I'm looking for clean, crisp bass (not too bass heavy though) and a good companion for an Asus Essence STX that I'm also gonna buy soon...

The best way to predict the future is to invent it

Aren't the ATH-M50 more of a flat headphone? They used to be head-fi's goto suggestion for its price bracket but not anymore. Same goes for the ATH-AD700.

I'm not a big fan of the retro look of the Momentum but I can see how it could be appealing to some but I don't know what to say since they cost like twice as much as an ATH-M50 would.

for a similar price bracket, I have a pair of ATH A500x's that are just incredible.

if you are in that price bracket you should take a few seconds and look at the akg 701,702

I dont see how you compare these two. ATH-m50 is more of a bang for the buck, not the best of the best but actually pretty good. And the Momentum is just from the "classy" league, where looks matter as much as the sound does.

I dont see how you compare these two. ATH-m50 is more of a bang for the buck' date=' not the best of the best but actually pretty good. And the Momentum is just from the "classy" league, where looks matter as much as the sound does.[/quote']

I agree, not really in the same class.

Headset

Momentums are better if you have the extra cash. The ATH-M50s give you more value for your money though.

Not sure about the Momentum but I love my M50s they have a really nice balanced sound and natural base and are really comfortable for long music/gaming sessions.