Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Crashing

winningsince1337
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Hmm, do you have pagefile disabled? Or set to something really low like 200MB (the samsung magician software likes to do that)? If that's the case try setting a system managed pagefile on your HDD and see if that works for you (my pagefile usage in AW is ~13GB for some reason). You can also try finding the setting in the config file that determines your video ram, standard value is 0.85, you can change it to 1 (that gives the game 100% of your VRAM to use). Also make sure that you have super sampling completely disabled, it works just fine on my R9 290s.

I recently bought COD: AW after it was on a ridiculous sale. However it crashes partway through the initial loading for the first map. I've tried turning everything down to see if that fixes it but, to no avail. I either get a graphics not enough memory available or a low system memory warning from windows even if I have 2 gb of ram left. Any suggestions? Should I re-install windows?

Current specs in my signature.

Windows: 8.1 Pro

Graphics Driver: 14.12 Omega

I got rid of my overclock and that made no difference too.

Edit: other games such as BF4 run perfectly fine...

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

Hmm, do you have pagefile disabled? Or set to something really low like 200MB (the samsung magician software likes to do that)? If that's the case try setting a system managed pagefile on your HDD and see if that works for you (my pagefile usage in AW is ~13GB for some reason). You can also try finding the setting in the config file that determines your video ram, standard value is 0.85, you can change it to 1 (that gives the game 100% of your VRAM to use). Also make sure that you have super sampling completely disabled, it works just fine on my R9 290s.

It was the page file, magician set it to super low. So, I made it bigger and it runs great now. Thanks!

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky