MOBO problem or CPU problem

Go to solution Solved by Tetters,

casting my mind back, I had a ton of issues with my Asrock Twins board I used a few years ago. It would take up to 15 restarts to boot fully and was prone to shutting down ransdomly (albeit rarely). I tried everyting I could but in the end the prroblem went away with a new MSI board. I never got the to the bottom of the issues I had, but the Asrock forums were jammed with issues like mine. My PSU was fine, RAM was fine and GPU was fine, at the end of the day, I put it down to the motherboard and lived with it until I could bin it.

Hi,

So I have an ASrock 970 Extreme4 Motherboard and an AMD FX 8350 CPU. As of recently my PC has been having some issues with its boot up. When I turn it on, the CPU does not power up so my screen is black and pretty much the whole computer is useless. But if I then turn it off and then right back on, it boots up just fine. This has been happening for about 3 weeks.

Also my PC will just turn itself on at random times. At first I thought it was doing scheduled maintenance, but this isn't possible because the CPU was not on. Not to mention that the fans would be running the highest they go with nothing to cool, and all this did was make my PC much hotter.

Thank you in advance.

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

- Gandalf the Grey

Not sure but sounds like a combined problem of both PSU and MOBO.

I have a Corsair CX600 so i think that should be enough especially since my build isn't insanely powerful. I'm leaning more toward it being MOBO

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

- Gandalf the Grey

casting my mind back, I had a ton of issues with my Asrock Twins board I used a few years ago. It would take up to 15 restarts to boot fully and was prone to shutting down ransdomly (albeit rarely). I tried everyting I could but in the end the prroblem went away with a new MSI board. I never got the to the bottom of the issues I had, but the Asrock forums were jammed with issues like mine. My PSU was fine, RAM was fine and GPU was fine, at the end of the day, I put it down to the motherboard and lived with it until I could bin it.

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

Okay thank you for letting me know about this. I am looking into an ASUS sabertooth 990FX. Are there any others that you would recommend.

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

- Gandalf the Grey

Okay thank you for letting me know about this. I am looking into an ASUS sabertooth 990FX. Are there any others that you would recommend.

On the cheaper side of the chipset, there's the Asus M5A99X/M5A99FX series which work just as well.

Other than that, not too many choices.

I have been impressed with my MSI Z87 gaming, I dont think you can go too wrong with ASUS or other leading manufacturers

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M