Adapter Advice

Go to solution Solved by EmeraldFlame,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182247&cm_re=USB_3_hard_drive_enclosure-_-17-182-247-_-Product

Has USB 3.0 and eSATA connections. Plus instead of being an exposed board, it has an enclosure so that it protects the board and the drive from static shorts which is probably what killed your old exposed board.

So, my housemate has a WD Green Drive (Internal not an external hiding in a shell), and he had a little board to covert the SATA connection to USB.  This was so he could connect it to his laptop.  That little board recently went kaput and stopped outputting a USB signal.  Do you have any recommendations for SATA to USB Adapters to replace it?  It'll need both SATA data and power.

-Cheers!!!

-P.S. My initials are really P.B.J. Does that explain enough? :D

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182247&cm_re=USB_3_hard_drive_enclosure-_-17-182-247-_-Product

Has USB 3.0 and eSATA connections. Plus instead of being an exposed board, it has an enclosure so that it protects the board and the drive from static shorts which is probably what killed your old exposed board.

Thank you very much! I'll be sure to point it out to him.  I think it might have been damaged contacts on the mini USB connector to the board.  It was bent out of shape a little.  The drive still got power and spun, it just wasn't able to make the USB connection.  Have a good night!

-Cheers!!!

-P.S. My initials are really P.B.J. Does that explain enough? :D