So many to pick from...

Totally-A-Hero

GTX 970

R9 290

This is what im looking at for upgrades, but which one is the real question. I have a Black/Blue theme build so the G1 and Vapor-x appeal to me. But are the 970's worth the extra price? Heat and Power consumption dont matter to much to me, either. Im leaning toward the 290's because they're cheaper, and the Vapor-x is so sexy, also the 970's could be sold out or take a while to ship. So id like some ideas or advice, thanks. If you want to recommend a different GPU make sure it has a backplate. and no "970 all the way" awnser's, state reasoning and why. Thanks.

Quick little edit: I also record in arma 3 (main game i play) And i have some problems with AMD GVR (Press record and it wont record) so if someone could recomend me a better software to use or give me input on shadowplay that would be great.

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

I would get the G1 Gaming.

Reasons: I have two and they are great, they come with backplates preinstalled, and they have an amazing cooler.

I have no personal experience with the 290s but if the price is right then get the Vapor-x.

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

Reasons: I have two and they are great, they come with backplates preinstalled, and they have an amazing cooler. 

I really like the G1, thanks for the input.

I would normally suggest AMD but at the moment I would say never buy an AMD product due to the shitty drivers they produce.... I will give you an example, I am currently running two 290x's and Since driver 14.7-RC3 I cant use Eyefinity. The latest 3 sets of drivers (including OMEGA) didnt fix the issue, there support forums are full of people saying they have this issue and not one of them have a response. One person created a ticket and got a person that didint even know that AMD used Crossfire and insead called it SLI.... so fuck AMD I WONT be buying another product from them.

Get the 970.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Vapor-X is great, comes with backplate, and has great cooling. Sooo...

CPU i7-9700K @ 5 GHz Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F RAM Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x8) 3000 MHz GPU ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC x2 SLI Case Corsair Graphite 780T Storage 256 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 TB Seagate Barracuda PSU Corsair HX1200i, 1200W Display(s) ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165 Hz), ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144 Hz) Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 radiator Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Logitech G502 Sound Logitech G35 Operating System Windows 10

I would normally suggest AMD but at the moment I would say never buy an AMD product due to the shitty drivers they produce.... I will give you an example, I am currently running two 290x's and Since driver 14.7-RC3 I cant use Eyefinity. The latest 3 sets of drivers (including OMEGA) didnt fix the issue, there support forums are full of people saying they have this issue and not one of them have a response. One person created a ticket and got a person that didint even know that AMD used Crossfire and insead called it SLI.... so fuck AMD I WONT be buying another product from them.

Get the 970.

I have a AMD and have no driver problems, thanks for the input. I believe both companies have driver issues so that isnt a valid argument.

I have a AMD and have no driver problems, thanks for the input. I believe both companies have driver issues so that isnt a valid argument.

AMD's driver issues are far far worse I have swapped from one side to the other many times and I have always had issues with AMD drivers and now im at my wits end with them and its very sad day.  :(.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

AMD's driver issue are far far worse I have swapped from one side to the other many times and I have always had issues with AMD drivers and now im at my wits end with them :(.

ya i dont think so, but thanks anyway.

Sorry, I thought I edited my post to include the Vapor-x (it's the best 290 imo).

I guess edits just take time to show up.

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

That is my main draw back, the benches are'nt that different and i dont really see alot of incentive to spend the extra money, i just dont want to get the 290 and find out i regret it later.

For the recording software.. there are lots of different softwares out there, both free and paid. Im not sure what to recommend, as i havent used recording software that much, but i guess anything would work. I myself have used Fraps before, which works fine, but the video files are massive. Accidently record a bit long and boom, you used like quarter of your 1 TB harddrive ^^

CPU i7-9700K @ 5 GHz Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F RAM Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x8) 3000 MHz GPU ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC x2 SLI Case Corsair Graphite 780T Storage 256 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 TB Seagate Barracuda PSU Corsair HX1200i, 1200W Display(s) ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165 Hz), ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144 Hz) Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 radiator Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Logitech G502 Sound Logitech G35 Operating System Windows 10