First PC Build: $2000 Budget

O'shi-vash
Go to solution Solved by O'shi-vash,

Update!

Everything has now been purchased! I have switched over to the windforce cards as the Strix weren't in stock in any of the main sellers.

Everything will be shipped other than my case which i'll have to pick up at the Richmond NCIX.

Tax was pretty brutal (I knew it would be before starting this project)

Shipping was mostly free other than a few insurances.

I'll most likely post a build log in the Build Log forum section!

Thank you all for helping me to select parts for this machine!!! <3

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($398.50 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($398.50 @ Vuugo)
Power Supply: Corsair RM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Memory Express)

I have just received the Power supply and I am having doubts as to if it can power the two graphics cards.
The Cards each take 16 pins... yet there are only 3 - 8 pin ports on the power supply.

Part picker didn't say anything about compatibility or power requirements so I;m unsure if there's any problem?

Perhaps there's a way to wire it using other ports?? 

EDIT:                                                                                                        

NO PROBLEMS! The cables are in fact 8 pin to 16 pin connectors so the 3 - 8 pin outputs is plenty.