building a new game

ANUPLUCIFERGAMER

guys i wanted to know , i wanted to learn c++ language to make some games. can anyone help me? don't think bad abt me cauz i'm just a kid and a newbie+ i'm new in this field!!!

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Go to the library, check out C++ for Dummies, read it from end to end, comeback and tell us if you would still like to make games.  Just trying to give it to you straight, it takes years to learn C++, or any other programming language, to make nice games with no bugs.

ePDfPXo.jpg

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

I started playing around with Unity 3d game engine and learned C# in the process, so that's one way. I also read a book called "Head First C#" which is great.

well you could learn c++ (good tuts even on youtube: Antirtfm, thenewboston and so on...), after that you could learn opengl 2d:http://lazyfoo.net/tutorials/OpenGL/index.php and move to 3d opengl from there. but like Maskot said it's going to be a long time (about 3 - 12 months) before you get anything nice on the screen so be pacient.

-The guy who you know as CeRi

No one will help you if you can't even structure a sentence.

You should fix your original post and then read C++ For Dummies or Jumping Into C++.

Jumping Into C++ - http://www.amazon.com/Jumping-into-C-Alex-Allain/dp/0988927802/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371386700&sr=8-1&keywords=jumping+into+c%2B%2B

C++ For Dummies - http://www.amazon.com/For-Dummies-Stephen-R-Davis/dp/0470317264/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371386683&sr=8-1&keywords=c%2B%2B+for+dummies

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

If you're completely new I think it'd be better if you start with Java or C# and only move onto C++ when you're proficient in either of those, but that's just my opinion 

Getting into programming is not very easy, however I am a living example that age is not a limit. (Age isn't maturity!) I started programming when I was about eight years old, in Visual Basic. It wasn't that much though, I wasn't able to build a large understanding of it until I got further into my schooling. Eventually I learned Java, which is my main language now. Long story short, I managed. The level of programming you can get to is ultimately determined by your current level of schooling in math. If by "game" you mean 3D, you definitely need to wait.

Learning to program (as others have said) is not easy. None of us can judge your ability, only you. If you think you're ready, then jump in. 

Not to discourage you at all, but I have found, from students at my High School and other forums, people that go into programming ONLY wanting to make games seem to have a lower success rate. You should learn to program because it's something that you enjoy doing. When you start to learn a language (lets says c++) to create a game you end up skipping very important parts of the language because you think it will mean the game will be created earlier. People also seem to get discouraged quite fast when their end goal is making a game as it take a long time to get the point where you will be able to make a 3D game in C++.