XFX 850W or GPU?

I bought an XFX PSU for my first build, and it has been working fine, but just recently i can hear a buzzing noise coming from the PSU or GPU, but i am not sure which one it is. Not only is there noise but also when opening a game the window will randomly minimize and this has never occurred.

And the GPU is a gtx 8800.

Turning V sync on and off may tell you if it GPU related..Try this as a last resort for GPU related coil whine...http://www.overclock.net/t/1094728/possible-fix-for-coil-whine

The cure for the PSU whine will void your warranty and may cause shocks...you do not want to discharge a capacitor with your body..If you feel that you can not live with the whine and you are sure it is from the PSU then either RMA it or sent it into the spare PSU closet and get your self a new one.Good hunting..let us know what you find..

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

Try to run your pc with cpu graphics and then you will find out which one is the problem.

it should be reasonably easy to figure out where the whine is comming from just by listening with the case open.

if you cant isolate the noise just by putting your ear in different parts of the chasis use a screwdriver and place it on the side of the psu and put your ear directly on the handle. if its a lot louder then you found your issue.

i would say do the same for the gfx but it depends on the card. if its an open cooler you will have to be very careful about where you place the tip. if its just a refrence cooler with a solid cover then just put it on the side and again listen.

identifying the exact area may be a bit tricky but it will tell you which component is actually whining.

just to be safe you may want to wrap the end of the screw driver with a single layer of electricians tape.

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Xfi extreme gamer | Antec 902

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel

Ok so i found out that the GPU was the problem after taking out the psu to see where the noise was coming from, and hopefully the 760 is released the 25th so i can get a new one. Thanks everyone for the tips.