Is it my graphics card or processor being a douche?

Revel

I have recently gone back to CS:GO and I have a slight problem. My FPS is under 60 90% of the time playing. I have lowered all settings to the lowest there can be and changed resolution to 720p, still under 60 FPS. I do feel like my GTX 660 is being weird since I feel like it would be the most logical, but I'd rather feel safe than sorry. On the otherhand I do have an FX 6300 in my machine. Pleaserino helperino.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gnome Child.

Probably the CPU. On lowest settings your card should be able to handle it so it's probably the GPU.

lol wut?

Um check drivers? maybe something got screwed up there. Otherwise I'd say most likely your CPU.

Please use http://pcpartpicker.com/ for everybodones sake!

and quote me if you want me to see a reply please :)

pewpewpewphysicslazers!!!

Probably the CPU. On lowest settings your card should be able to handle it so it's probably the GPU.

CPU or GPU? :P

lol wut?

Um check drivers? maybe something got screwed up there. Otherwise I'd say most likely your CPU.

All drivers up to date, enough power is being delivered and it's not overheating.

I do not see why a 6300fx whould have any issues with a game as light as cs.

Anyway try downloading the latest drivers, and monitor the system usage. easy program here : http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Could you look at the stats on gpuz or msi afterburner while playing, to verify which is being taxed?

Looking at the usage levels can usually point at a suspect... but if both aren't being used, then it might me something software related, because my old laptop running intel hd graphics could play games of that caliber at 720p 30 fps and your 660 is leaps and bounds better than on-board graphics... 

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Anyway try downloading the latest drivers, and monitor the system usage. easy program here : http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

What am I supposed to look at? haha

What am I supposed to look at? haha

run from the zip nd look at temps and usage while playing. For example if there is the gpu pinned at 100% ( should not ) u are running too much for the graphiccard. but if its at 95 degrees it will trottle down to 50% causing a decrease in performance. and so for the cpu. 

To have more ifno about the graphic card download GPU-Z.

Maybe your CPU is a tad bit too hot.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

run from the zip nd look at temps and usage while playing. For example if there is the gpu pinned at 100% ( should not ) u are running too much for the graphiccard. but if its at 95 degrees it will trottle down to 50% causing a decrease in performance. and so for the cpu. 

To have more ifno about the graphic card download GPU-Z.

Says my GTX 660 core clock is 324 MHz & 810 MHz memory if that makes any difference? The core clock seems a bit low imo

Sorry all hahahaha typo there :P I meant CPU. I had an old pentium in mine and it stinks but I just got an i3 for $80 on ebay which should speed things up a bit.

lol wut?

CPU or GPU? :P

Wops that was in idle, with CSGO running I achieve 549 MHz core clock and 3010 memory clock

Wops that was in idle, with CSGO running I achieve 549 MHz core clock and 3010 memory clock

look at the temps. Anything above 80? does the game start lagging after a while when you play? have you ever cleaned it?

Is cpu/gpu usage at 100% all the time? 

look at the temps. Anything above 80? does the game start lagging after a while when you play? have you ever cleaned it?

Is cpu/gpu usage at 100% all the time? 

Temps never go above 50 and where do i se the usage of those 2?

i

Temps never go above 50 and where do i se the usage of those 2?

in hwmonitor is under utilization, in gpuz is under load

i

in hwmonitor is under utilization, in gpuz is under load

It very rarely goes above 50%, but it keeps around 50%

Bump

Use 800x600 as resolution, play a little, do you get more fps? if yes, your cpu is the problem

You should get 120fps minimum with your gpu.

Cpu utilization i7: 4cores: 67-83% on 1920x1080 highest settings (single player)

The other 4 cores: 20-35%

250-270fps gtx 770

EDIT:

Multiplayer:

Core 1-8 ~50-86%

GPU 67-96%  @55°C

220-300fps

Your card is underclocking.

Check it is below 90c.

Check your cpu/gpu usage.

Check you don't have any background programs interfering with cpu/gpu performance.

Crash the nvidia drivers or apply a new profile on afterburner(even if just default).

I have the same problems sometimes on gtx780, crashing the drivers or changing overclocks usually solves it - i have yet to find the source of the problem though.

Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.5GHz | ASUS P8Z77-V LX2 | 2x4GB kingston hyper-x genesis @1600MHz | Gigabyte windforce GTX 780 3xOC rev.2 | 240GB kingston v300 & 500GB seagate 7200rpm | 

Corsair GS600 |  1440p Dell U2515H & 1080p 60Hz tv/monitor | Asetek based AIO 120mm liquid cpu cooler

monitor your cpu and gpu usage while playing, using programs such as realtemp and msi afterburner. If during game your cpu is running at 100% then its a bad cpu, if your gpu is at 100% then it is a bad gpu. One of them is being held back obviously, csgo is a very easy game to run. When I had my gtx 770 i got about 200fps at highest setting/1080p with AA turned down a bit.

i7 4790K @4.7GHz; MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition; Klevv Neo 4x4Gb 2400Mhz; PNY GeForce GTX 980; Crucial M500 240GB SSD; Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD; Corsair RM750; NZXT Kraken X61 

I'll do what I can tomorrow. Looking forward to switching to Intel near christmas.

Consider overclocking your CPU first before you spend any money. FX 6300s have phenomenal overclocking headroom that would allow you to take the CPU from 3.5Ghz on all six cores to 4.8Ghz on all six cores with a $40 aftermarket cooler. That's a 37% improvement in performance for $40. And you can reuse the aftermarket cooler later on if you decide to upgrade.