pc freezes

claydog1993

hello this is my first post. so please be nice.

i have a problem with my desktop. when i power it up it will work fine untill i start up any program it will outright freeze. then other times it will work fine. it does it on any program.

i am running a amd fx 6120 on a m5a97 r2.0 with 8gb ares ram.

please help its really ticking me off.

Sorry... but your cpu is not supported by your mainboard :/

Send the mainboard back if you can and ask in the forum what mainboard will work with your current cpu.

Next time, please carefully read the "supported cpu" and "supported ram" information of the mainboard you are going to buy on the manufacturer website.

Good luck with sending your mainboard back, or selling it.

How is it not supported??   Asus website  http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A97_R20/specifications/  Says it supports  AMD AM3+ FX™/Phenom™ II/Athlon™ II/Sempron™ 100 Series Processors  

The FX 6120 is a AM3+    

Dont worry Found it lol  http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A97_R20/HelpDesk_CPU/  - its not on the supported CPU list 

So yeah your going to have to get a new CPU or MB 

hello this is my first post. so please be nice.

i have a problem with my desktop. when i power it up it will work fine untill i start up any program it will outright freeze. then other times it will work fine. it does it on any program.

i am running a amd fx 6120 on a m5a97 r2.0 with 8gb ares ram.

please help its really ticking me off.

Sorry... but your cpu is not supported by your mainboard :/

Send the mainboard back if you can and ask in the forum what mainboard will work with your current cpu.

Next time, please carefully read the "supported cpu" and "supported ram" information of the mainboard you are going to buy on the manufacturer website.

Good luck with sending your mainboard back, or selling it.

--- CPU:  AMD A10-7850k --- Motherboard:  ASUS X88MPlus --- RAM:  G-Skill 8GB Ripjaws X DDR3 2133 Dual --- GPU:  Integrated APU --- Case:  Aerocool Dead Silence Gaming Cube Case  ---

How is it not supported??   Asus website  http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A97_R20/specifications/  Says it supports  AMD AM3+ FX™/Phenom™ II/Athlon™ II/Sempron™ 100 Series Processors  

The FX 6120 is a AM3+    

Dont worry Found it lol  http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A97_R20/HelpDesk_CPU/  - its not on the supported CPU list 

So yeah your going to have to get a new CPU or MB 

:,) good one

thanks guys it was my first time building a pc. what would you guys think would a good upgrade?

i was wanting to upgrade the cpu. because the mb has the features i need. i was thinking of a fx 6300 or one of the new eight cores(cant remember there numbers)

thanks tho.

im an amd guy. :)

i was wanting to upgrade the cpu. because the mb has the features i need. i was thinking of a fx 6300 or one of the new eight cores(cant remember there numbers)

thanks tho.

fx-6300 = 6 core (really equivalent to an i3

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

thanks tho.

fx-6300 = 6 core (really equivalent to an i3)

fx-8350 = 8 core 

Amd ftw

Good decision.

AMD uses a different techology, which is not as effective. They're more unstable, have lower thermal limits, and chipset drivers are usually less stable than Intell.

Don't take my word for it: http://scalibq.wordpress.com/2012/02/14/the-myth-of-cmt-cluster-based-multithreading/

Now i had an AMD processor in my PC, and have recommended AMD for two other PCs. Now i have a 4690k, and a motherboard that is better in every way,

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

fx-6300 = 6 core (really equivalent to an i3)

fx-8350 = 8 core 

AMD uses a different techology, which is not as effective. They're more unstable, have lower thermal limits, and chipset drivers are usually less stable than Intell.

Don't take my word for it: http://scalibq.wordpress.com/2012/02/14/the-myth-of-cmt-cluster-based-multithreading/

Now i had an AMD processor in my PC, and have recommended AMD for two other PCs. Now i have a 4690k, and a motherboard that is better in every way,

don´t talk about amd in that way

(he wants a amd dude, just let him get the amd)

don´t talk about amd in that way

(he wants a amd dude, just let him get the amd)

What are you talking about? I'm talking about that way, because that's where the problem lies

And i'm not telling anyone what to get, i'm just stating the facts about them (driver problems are a bit more situational.

As i said, i've used AMD on 3/4 PCs.

What are you talking about? I'm talking about that way, because that's where the problem lies

And i'm not telling anyone what to get, i'm just stating the facts about them (driver problems are a bit more situational.

As i said, i've used AMD on 3/4 PCs.

I also had amd, don´t like ´em, never will

#war, war never changes.

He said he wants a amd cpu and it should be fine for normal gaming and office work.

I also had amd, don´t like ´em, never will

#war, war never changes.

He said he wants a amd cpu and it should be fine for normal gaming and office work.

Agreed there,

as i said, i'm not telling him what to think. An AMD cpu will work for that use, i just wanted to tell the fanboy the facts.

thanks guys for all the input. i think ill go with the 8320.

im not a fanboy i just like red :D