Help me choose a Monitor! Also opinion on Build needed!

Hi, I will be building a PC very soon. However, of course I will need a monitor. Unfortunately, there are so many to choose from and I do have some questions to ask :)

This is the current build I am planning on building:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£130.94 @ Aria PC) 
Motherboard: Asus H97-PLUS ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£83.88 @ PC World Business) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£64.00 @ Ebuyer) 
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/RSBS DVD/CD Writer  (£11.89 @ CCL Computers) 
Total: £747.47
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-07 11:59 GMT+0000

Of course if you want to suggest another part then you may do so. I'm still debating over the MSI Gtx 970 or Evga Gtx 970 2.0. :P

Would a gtx 970 be enough for a 144hz monitor? Or should I stick with a 60hz monitor?
If I should get a 60hz monitor, should I get an IPS panel?

Here is some info if you need it:

Budget & Location:
Including the PC, Monitor, OS, Keyboard and Wifi Card/USB, it would be around £1000. However I am willing to up that a bit if needed. Since the current PC that I've decided upon, I am only willing to pay up to £250.

Aim
This PC is mainly for gaming, however I will be doing some stuff like Photoshop.

Monitors
I will only use 1, 2 will cost too much. For this price range, the monitor should be 1920 x 1080. A few monitors that I am intrested in, Asus VG248QE, Asus PB238Q, ASUS VE247H, AOC G2460PQU, Benq RL2455hm, Benq GL260HM.

Periphals
For the absolute final build, I will be needing the actual PC, Monitor, OS (Windows 8.1), Wifi Card (my router is BT Home Hub 4), Keyboard. Gaming Headset/Mice will be bought at a later time.

Is there any diffence between Asus VG248QE and AOC G2460PQU other than that the Asus monitor supports 3D? Likewise, is there any difference between Asus VE247H and Benq GL2460HM?

Also, is there much difference between a 1ms and a 6ms response time?

Thanks a ton!!

Don't pay too much attention to the response time as there really isn't a "standard" that each manufacturers follow, they use their own standards. For your monitor, do you want the color accuracy or would you really have it run at 144 hz? What kind of games do you like to play? If you don't play a lot of FPS competitively, I think you should grab an IPS panel for the awesome color reproduction. It would benefit your photoshop stuff by using an IPS panel.

Ok, I have another question. If I get an IPS Monitor, do you think I should downgrade my gpu? As I'm pretty sure an gtx 970 can play most games 1080p ultra settings at over 60fps, maybe an r9 280x?

I do not do FPS competitively, but the one of the main reason I am getting a new computer is so that I can potentially get into FPS games, as I am currently using a sluggish 2 year old laptop that only costed around £350 from argos.

I wished I had enough money for both an IPS and a TN Monitor. Would've made my life much easier.  <_<