Where to spend?

feb289

Hey guys its me again, I just got my money and looking forward to buying the Define R4. Days ago I was so confident in buying it as it would make my system look good and very silent but upon further inspection of other options available i have narrowed down to these choices. 

a) Define R4 : 118.37$ or Php 5280

b ) Node 804 : 117.48$ or Php 5240

c) Spend it on SSD and aftermarket cooler 

My reasoning for the following:

Define R4: sleek looking case, very minimalistic and super duper silent. Can fit my Zotac Amp Omega 970 and overall appealing to me. Can water cool in the future and etc.  (Also can manage my cables very well with the small window cut out but very small space at the back)

Node 804: Almost same with the R4 but with smaller foot print which I generally prefer since i am and will be using an mATX board if I upgrade in the future. Nice window cut out but I cant fit my ODD (Yes I still use it for school.) Negative airflow optimized but if I buy it I wouldnt have the money to buy fans for it. 

SSD and etc: Well if I do this ill be able to save a lot of money and make my computer faster. I havent used any SSD before and looking forward to using one. I am considering the MX100 as it is the best bang for the buck right now or the 840 evo, both will be 120gb model. The after market cooler that i chose is the Hyper 212, probably the most legit aircooler right now but I dont think it can fit in my Bitfenix Comrade which is my current case. But if it wont then ill just have to go with Noctua L9i also heard some positive reviews about it and it is still better than my stock intel cooler. Lastly maybe some case fans or a new speaker Logitech Z213 (if i remember correctly)

Logitech Z213: 23.76$ / 1060P

Noctua L9i: 34.97$ / 1560P

MX100 120GB: 80.04$ / 3570P

Hyper 212: 33.63$ / 1500P

840 Evo: 86.76$ / 3870P

Kingston V300: 67.26$ / 3000P

Edit 1: If ever ill go with the SSD should I go with the cheaper ones like the Kingston V300/M500/Sandisk Ultra 2/PlextorM6s

Edit 2: I live in the Philippines so the price difference is very great. My budget is more or less 100$/4460.50P. Help me decide where to put my money wisely. Where will I benefit the most in the long run. 

Help me make the right decision guys :(

Can you post your PC's specs?

Specs: 

i3-2120

Asus P8H61MLE/USB3

8GB RAM

Zotac AMP Omega 970 

3 HDD 

Bitfenix Comrade with only an exhaust fan

Specs: 

i3-2120

Asus P8H61MLE/USB3

8GB RAM

Zotac AMP Omega 970 

3 HDD 

Bitfenix Comrade with only an exhaust fan

Don't buy a case. Save the money and upgrade the CPU and MOBO. There might be a bottleneck ;)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Don't buy a case. Save the money and upgrade the CPU and MOBO. There might be a bottleneck ;)

Yes but ill be doing that in Christmas. I saved this money for the case or any other upgrades because ill be focusing on the CPU and Mobo soon 

Yes but ill be doing that in Christmas. I saved this money for the case or any other upgrades because ill be focusing on the CPU and Mobo soon 

Ok then. Get a Define R5 when they come out (Christmas Eve I think).

Ok then. Get a Define R5 when they come out (Christmas Eve I think).

No thoughts about the SSD upgrade and after market cooler? The reason why i am buying a new case is for aesthetics and overall airflow in my system to avoid overheating of components specially the CPU which just shuts off when reaching 80c good thing i have an extra fan pointed at my system.

No thoughts about the SSD upgrade and after market cooler? The reason why i am buying a new case is for aesthetics and overall airflow in my system to avoid overheating of components specially the CPU which just shuts off when reaching 80c good thing i have an extra fan pointed at my system.

Give us a budget then ;)

Give us a budget then ;)

About more or less 100 bucks 

About more or less 100 bucks 

For both the SSD and cooler?

Define r4 or r5 gets my vote.

Will it be the same price as the r4? Dont know when will that be available here in my country :( 

For both the SSD and cooler?

Yes sir for everything. Prices are listed above converted with the current P to $

P

Where are you from and link us to store that you will be buying the parts from?

And what's your currency?

Get the V300 and the Hyper 212X. Do you want to stretch the budget a bit so you can get a case?

the most budget stretch that i can is the R4 no more than that. Sorry :( 

Thank you very much my friend!! But will the cooler fit? Also if i were to buy the fans where will I connect them? My fan header in my mobo are all occupied :( 

Thank you very much my friend!! But will the cooler fit? Also if i were to buy the fans where will I connect them? My fan header in my mobo are all occupied :(

Try to get a Y cable/fan splitter ;)

The cooler will fit.

Also, what's your PSU?

The cooler will fit.

Also, what's your PSU?

CS650M 

CS650M 

It's fine. Get the fans, the fan splitter, the cooler and the SSD and you are ready to rock :)