Hey guys

I've had a water-cooled PC for a while now, and I'm going to put a second GPU in.

As I'm not completely happy with my tube-layout I hoped you could help me out a bit.

My current layout looks like this: 

wc91N1gh.jpg

I dont like the long run from the CPU to the reservoir over the GPU, but I really can't get my head around, how to solve it otherwise. 

Would a tube running behind the back of the tray look better? I'd really appreciate any help you can provide :) 

Thanks

Yes if you can put your rez behind the mobo tray your run will look cleaner.

<p>CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.0 GHz | GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX | RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB (Boot Drive) | HDD: 500GB | Case: Corsair SPEC-02 Red |PSU: Corsair 750W | OS: Windows 7 64-Bit | Mouse: Corsair M65 (Black) | Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB (Black w/ Brown Switches)

Recommend getting a 45 degree fitting for CPU block. Replacing the fitting which holds the tube going to your top radiator. Looks cleaner and less bend in the tube.

For the tube from CPU block to reservoir, is it possible to connect the tube to the top of the reservoir?

"I fart in your general direction" -The Frenchmen

Recommend getting a 45 degree fitting for CPU block. Replacing the fitting which holds the tube going to your top radiator. Looks cleaner and less bend in the tube.

For the tube from CPU block to reservoir, is it possible to connect the tube to the top of the reservoir?

Unfortunately my res is a phobya balancer, which has only one input at the top, so if I'd use this one, filling and getting the air out would be a real pain i guess

Unfortunately my res is a phobya balancer, which has only one input at the top, so if I'd use this one, filling and getting the air out would be a real pain i guess

Only option i see is pump/res -> gpu -> cpu -> top rad -> bottom rad -> pump/res

This eliminates the tube you mean, but adds a long tube on the rear end.

Only option i see is pump/res -> gpu -> cpu -> top rad -> bottom rad -> pump/res

This eliminates the tube you mean, but adds a long tube on the rear end.

Hmm this might  look even more cramped than it is now :) 

Ill just have to try it out when i've drained the system. Thanks :D

Hmm this might look even more cramped than it is now :)

Ill just have to try it out when i've drained the system. Thanks :D

Yeah thats what i thought. but it is the only option to eliminate the long tube that is itching you at the moment.

If the long tube at the rear end could be behind motherboard tray, my loop suggestion would look cleaner. but i wonder how you would do that without kinking the tube.

Wait a second, those ram modules.... Do they have a waterblock on them?? If you watercooled the ram you could add an 90 degree fitting on pump/res and it would look nicer. You would go from cpu -> ram -> 90 degree fitting on pump/res.

I know ram cooling is more for the aesthetics, but it would also eliminate the long tube.

Wait a second, those ram modules.... Do they have a waterblock on them?? If you watercooled the ram you could add an 90 degree fitting on pump/res and it would look nicer. You would go from cpu -> ram -> 90 degree fitting on pump/res.

I know ram cooling is more for the aesthetics, but it would also eliminate the long tube.

Good idea! I looked around a bit, but only found copper-plated ram-waterblocks... I'm not sure if they would look good in my rig :S The problem is that I've only 2 ram modules, and because of dual-channel, they're not next to each other, so I'd have to use a waterblock for 4 modules