Help me choose between samsung and vizio

So ive been looking at buying a tv the sales stop soon and I've narrowed it down to these two...

vizio m552i ~696 after tax/shipping from amazon.
samsung UN55H6350 ~822$ after taxes, picked up from store.

I looked at both screens in person, I thought the Samsung had a better picture but that was judging off the split analog signal they show you in the store. I did get to see some of a blu ray movie on the Samsung tv and it looked really good, unfortunately I never got the same chance with the vizio. Price is important I would have already bought the Samsung but the ~125$ price difference is making me wait and think some more. I will be using them to watch mostly smart content and stuff off my HTPC (*old gaming laptop*)  Any advice is welcome especially if you have one of these tv's!

RIG:|Corsair Obsidion 650d|MSI Mpower Z87| i7-4770k (4Ghz)|Corsair H100 cooler|16Gb corsair dominator platinum 1866Mhz|  EVGA GTX 780 classified (runs at 1240Mhz)| 1200W pc power and cooling silencer mkIII PSU|recon sound blaster champion series| 1Tb WD black| 256Gb Samsung 840 pro| Monitors:| Samsung px2370| ASUS VG248QE| X-star 27" 2560x1440 korean monitor (runs at 100Hz)| other stuff:| Razer black widow ultimate| Razer mamba 2013 edition| Razer Vespula mousepad| Klipsch X10i| Ultrasone Pro750| Harmon/Kardon sound sticks 2| 

pretty sure samsung is "smarter"

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I just recently bought the same Samsung TV you are talking about in the 40 inch variant and it looks absolutely fantastic. make sure you have a genuine samsung panel based TV.

look at all the stock the store carries and make sure the version number on the TV(should be on the box, and will be on the back when you unbox it) begins with a T. some of these TVs have had their panels outsourced at chei me, AU Optronics and Sharp, all of which use inferior panels, but the Genuine Samsung panels have a version number beginning with a T.

the fact that there are various versions of the same TV and you have to check the box to know what version you have I find disgusting, but the TV itself(if you have the samsung TV with a first party Samsung Panel inside) is absolutely fantastic.

for example, my TV is a UN40H6350 (box says 40UN H6350) with a version number TS06 which means it has a samsung panel inside.

I just recently bought the same Samsung TV you are talking about in the 40 inch variant and it looks absolutely fantastic. make sure you have a genuine samsung panel based TV.

look at all the stock the store carries and make sure the version number on the TV(should be on the box, and will be on the back when you unbox it) begins with a T. some of these TVs have had their panels outsourced at chei me, AU Optronics and Sharp, all of which use inferior panels, but the Genuine Samsung panels have a version number beginning with a T.

the fact that there are various versions of the same TV and you have to check the box to know what version you have I find disgusting, but the TV itself(if you have the samsung TV with a first party Samsung Panel inside) is absolutely fantastic.

for example, my TV is a UN40H6350 (box says 40UN H6350) with a version number TS06 which means it has a samsung panel inside.

huh I was reading some amazon reviews that said that only the models above 55'' carried the Samsung panel, that was pretty much the main reason I decided on 55''. Do you have a source for that information? not that your any less trustworthy than some amazon reviewer but ive been looking and haven't found much more information about which units have the samsung panel.

RIG:|Corsair Obsidion 650d|MSI Mpower Z87| i7-4770k (4Ghz)|Corsair H100 cooler|16Gb corsair dominator platinum 1866Mhz|  EVGA GTX 780 classified (runs at 1240Mhz)| 1200W pc power and cooling silencer mkIII PSU|recon sound blaster champion series| 1Tb WD black| 256Gb Samsung 840 pro| Monitors:| Samsung px2370| ASUS VG248QE| X-star 27" 2560x1440 korean monitor (runs at 100Hz)| other stuff:| Razer black widow ultimate| Razer mamba 2013 edition| Razer Vespula mousepad| Klipsch X10i| Ultrasone Pro750| Harmon/Kardon sound sticks 2| 

Found what I just asked for... wasnt too hard to find. here it is for anyone else who comes across this thread.

http://nxsfan.co.uk/mediawiki/index.php/Samsung_Panels

huh I was reading some amazon reviews that said that only the models above 55'' carried the Samsung panel, that was pretty much the main reason I decided on 55''. Do you have a source for that information? not that your any less trustworthy than some amazon reviewer but ive been looking and haven't found much more information about which units have the samsung panel.

I have looked at the source for parts for this TV(forgot where) and the Samsung panel has this version code.

I don't technically have proof I have a Samsung panel, but I am currently in another room looking at it probably 80 degrees off axis and there is no noticable color shift. I have gotten close and the colors look fantastic and there is no perceivable color shift in any direction.

my local best buy had two that were open box, both of which look fantastic and have the TS06 version code, both 40 inch models and my parents bought both, one of which is a gift for my brother and his wife.

unfortunately my words are the best I can give.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I'm already too late but Even the E-series vizio TV was touted as one of the better TV's of 2013, and of all of the ones I personally tested before finding

my samsung plasma, the Vizio was my favorite. The M apparantly isnt worth the extra little bit over the E, but if you aren't really into HDTV tech you probably

won't even notice the subtleties or pitfalls that make or break a tv...

Worst case scenario, buy one, use it a couple weeks, if you don't like it just return it and buy the other one within 30 days. Did that about 5 times per big box store here

before I settled on a tv and never had a problem.

Ethical? not really. But if Im spending $2000+ on a tv best believe I'm experimenting lol

ps. Vizio is only so cheap because they don't waste money on 3D or rediculous advertising. Their panels are by far the best bang for your buck!

Current System Specs:

MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming     CPU: Intel i5 9600k      GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 ti FTW Ultra Silent    PSU: EVGA 750 G2 80+ gold

Ram:  16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200    Storage: 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO/ 4TB WD Blue Case: Corsair 275R-White

• 4 weeks later...

I ended up getting the samsung and its amazing, don't regret it one bit. 

ps. Vizio is only so cheap because they don't waste money on 3D or rediculous advertising. Their panels are by far the best bang for your buck!

AmTran controls Vizio, and makes TVs for JVC and some Chinese brands. They use lower tier LG technology when feasible, afaik (they share a facility in China).