Intel Desktop CPU Roadmap Through Q2 2014 Leaked

MdX MaxX

Great news for those holding out for Ivy Bridge-E!

Processor roadmaps must be slippery little suckers because it never seems like AMD or Intel are very good about holding onto them. Instead, we're frequently treated to early, often unauthorized glimpses of what each semiconductor has in store, and this time it's a look at what Intel is planning. The latest leaked roadmap shows Intel's processor plans through the first half of 2014.

The slides first showed up at asder00.com, a site that appears to thrive on leaked information. According to CPU World, a site that's been reliable in the past, the slides are legit, at least according to one of its sources that confirmed their validity. Anyway, enough about that, let's talk about what's on tap from Intel.

Those of you holding out for Ivy Bridge-E need only wait until the third quarter of this year. That's when Intel will launch its Core i7 4820K, 4930K, and 4960X processors, all based on Ivy Bridge-E. In addition, Ivy Bridge-E support will be added to the X79 chipset, according to the slides.

An expanded Haswell lineup is also slated for Q3. There will be a Core i7 4771 part along with a bunch of Core i3 and Pentium chips. A Haswell refresh is then planned for the second quarter of 2014, though the slides don't go into much detail on that front.

i1.jpg

i3.jpg

Source: http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/intels_desktop_processor_roadmap_through_first_half_2014_leaked_online

http://asder00.blogspot.it/search/label/Roadmap

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

I wonder if they'll released an i7-4970X in the future just like what they did in the Sandy-E.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)