Work Station Thoughts and Questions

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to ask your opinions of this workstation I have a prospect of buying in the next 2-3 months for 4K and under, development.

CPU: 3970x

MOBO: Asus P9X79 WS 2011 Board

GPU: Quadro k5000 or k6000

GPU Set 2: Titan Hydro Copper 2-Way SLI

RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator 2400mhz

Case: Corsair 900D

PSU: XFX 1000w 80+ Platinum Power Supply

Hard Drives and SSDs: WD Black 1x, WD Red 3x (Redundancy for the coming SSD's), OCZ Vector (or other equal quality 512GB Drive)  8x,

5.25 Bays: Card Reader, Fan controller, Blu Ray Drive

RAID Card: 16 port, RAID 10 Capable Drive

Cooling: All necessary components liquid cooled with 10x 120mm rads

I also have audio, a portable work computer, and all necessary peripherals accounted for as well.

What do you think?

For the 2 sets of GPUs I am going to devise a display port switch of some sort so I can go between using the Titans and the K6000 (or k5000) when I need to on the 4k displays.

RAID ten array is for speed but also peace of mind knowing that any content can be restored. 

Thanks Very Much!

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

that build looks like its costing MUCH more than 4k$$...lolz but damn! sweet ahah

that build looks like its costing MUCH more than 4k$$...lolz but damn! sweet ahah

No, no. you misunderstand. I mean 4K resolution content. Not cost. Yeah, this build is well over 4k. But, I think for good reason. 

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

No, no. you misunderstand. I mean 4K resolution content. Not cost. Yeah, this build is well over 4k. But, I think for good reason. 

what do people do on a workstation really? to use all that power?

oh and why not go with dual xenons or a 4p amd board? more like a server lolz (IM JUST ASKING HAHA ik nothing about workstations really)

what do people do on a workstation really? to use all that power?

oh and why not go with dual xenons or a 4p amd board? more like a server lolz (IM JUST ASKING HAHA ik nothing about workstations really)

4K resolutions take a lot of GDDR5 memory and the 3970x for driving all of the production. Yeah I dont want to go with Xeons cause their more sort of server processors and you cant overclock them.

4K resolutions take a lot of GDDR5 memory and the 3970x for driving all of the production. Yeah I dont want to go with Xeons cause their more sort of server processors and you cant overclock them.

Even though the dual xeons can't overclock, they will still destroy EVERYTHING. The 3970x will have nothing against them for workstation purposes.

Edit: Also, what are you using the system for? This is one hell of a build.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.