Need raid card for 4 SSDs.

Zoboomafoo

I’m planning on upgrading my current raid setup to the solid state, currently I’m using an on-board raid card and have no experience with SSD or raid cards and want to know what would be good to get that is not to expensive but can handle 4 250gb SSDs in raid 0.

Why RAID0? You gain only performance in synthetic benchmarks and nothing in the real world + if one of the drives fail, the entire array fails.

Why RAID0? You gain only performance in synthetic benchmarks and nothing in the real world + if one of the drives fail, the entire array fails.
It doesn't matter for people that if an SSD fails their whole array fails. Most SSDs have a higher MTBF than most HDDs. That means the SSD is actually more reliable.

Also the benchmark isn't synthetic. Its is actually useful when loading up games that need lots of textures etc.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Never found Raid0 noticeably faster for SSD's. HD's on the other hand..

Never found Raid0 noticeably faster for SSD's. HD's on the other hand..

Why RAID0? You gain only performance in synthetic benchmarks and nothing in the real world + if one of the drives fail' date=' the entire array fails. [/quote']

I want a tb of ssd storage and getting a 1tb SSD is alot more expencive than 4 256gb drives....

Why RAID0? You gain only performance in synthetic benchmarks and nothing in the real world + if one of the drives fail' date=' the entire array fails. [/quote']

I want a tb of ssd storage and getting a 1tb SSD is alot more expencive than 4 256gb drives....

Not to mention there is a preformance boost form raid 0....

Well i got to thinking and link i'm going to just go with one 256 gig and throw that cash i was willing to spend before toward something else like a water cooling system, a new case and a sound card. i was looking at cheep 256 gigs that are 130 USD and after some research the speed and durability of such drive are just not worth it.

i 'd go with raid 5 or 6 on a raid card, and so have the relyebility of raid 5 or 6 and still have the speed increase