$2500 AUD Build help

Big Wang

Hey guys, I'm going to be building this PC for Christmas. I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions to change the parts to something else or any upgrades.

1. Budget & Location

Budget is $2500 for a gaming PC and monitor. I live in Australia so please use AUD instead of USD

2. Aim

The main aim of this PC is play games like Dayz, Rust, Arma 3 Altis Life, CSGO, Far Cry 4 also a little bit of Minecraft in 1080p 60 fps.

3. Monitors

I already have a monitor and I want another because I wont be using my alienware laptop anymore (Yes I know) So if you could recommend a gaming monitor too that would be great. I also plan on adding another monitor in a years

time.

4. Peripherals

I've already got a Razer Blackwidow, Razer Mamba, Razer Mouse pad and Razer Kraken 7.1 that's why I am choosing the Razer case in this build so it matches and so I dont want to change the case.

5. Why are you upgrading?

I'm upgrading because my Alienware laptop is starting too get to old to play the modern day games. I also want to build a PC because I think it would be fun. I've been given this opportunity by my parents because I went really good in school yearly exams.

This is the link to my build on PC Part Picker

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/SethyPoo/saved/sFyLrH

Thank you :)

Hello, I like apples.

Instantly I'd recommend getting a 4690k for the CPU. 

Instantly I'd recommend getting a 4690k for the CPU. 

Why would you recommend getting that CPU?

Hello, I like apples.

All looks fairly good to me, no real issues when it comes to the hardware, I would change some things if this was my build just out of personal preference but everything you've got there is fine. One issue I do have with the build though is the WiFi Card. I've dealt with WiFi cards like that one quite a lot and they usually are very poor performing and are very sensitive high temperatures particularly in an Australian Summer. I would suggest ditching the WiFi card because WiFi is utter garbage for gaming and instead get a $50-$60 PowerLine Ethernet kit, you will have significantly more LAN bandwidth at your disposal and also have significantly lower latency (ping) and packet loss. If you're unfamiliar with powerline ethernet basically instead of using WiFi and the heavily congested 2.4Ghz frequency you instead a Wall Socket PowerLine Ethernet kit that will use the electrical wiring in the walls to transfer data, the performance is much closer to that of an actual UTP Ethernet cable when compared to WiFi but without the need to actually put wiring in the walls.

TP-Link PowerLine Kit - http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=200_1348&products_id=16992

PC CaseGear PowerLine Kits - http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=200_1348&vk_sort=1

i7 930 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte X58A-UD7 | Seagate ST2000DX001 SSHD 2TB | WD5000AAKX 500GB | Samsung SH-B083A Bluray Drive | Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB GV-N670OC-2GD | Corsair 12GB 1600Mhz CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9 | Corsair H50 in Push Pull | SeaSonic X750 | CM 690 II Advanced | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | HP 2159M 1080p | Asus ProArt PA238Q 23" 1080p IPS Monitor | Asus VS239H IPS 1080p (Portrait) | Razer BlackWidow Expert MX Blue (2011) | Razer Lachesis 5600

All looks fairly good to me, no real issues when it comes to the hardware, I would change some things if this was my build just out of personal preference but everything you've got there is fine. One issue I do have with the build though is the WiFi Card. I've dealt with WiFi cards like that one quite a lot and they usually are very poor performing and are very sensitive high temperatures particularly in an Australian Summer. I would suggest ditching the WiFi card because WiFi is utter garbage for gaming and instead get a $50-$60 PowerLine Ethernet kit, you will have significantly more LAN bandwidth at your disposal and also have significantly lower latency (ping) and packet loss. If you're unfamiliar with powerline ethernet basically instead of using WiFi and the heavily congested 2.4Ghz frequency you instead a Wall Socket PowerLine Ethernet kit that will use the electrical wiring in the walls to transfer data, the performance is much closer to that of an actual UTP Ethernet cable when compared to WiFi but without the need to actually put wiring in the walls.

TP-Link PowerLine Kit - http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=200_1348&products_id=16992

PC CaseGear PowerLine Kits - http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=200_1348&vk_sort=1

Thank you for that post, I've never heard of those Powerline Ethernet Kit and they seem awesome. I'll be purchasing that when I order the parts. Thank you! :)

Hello, I like apples.

Why would you recommend getting that CPU?

Sorry. Didn't see you had linked us to your build. I originally thought you were asking for recommended components for a $2500 build 

Sorry. Didn't see you had linked us to your build. I originally thought you were asking for recommended components for a $2500 build 

Oh, its all good. Thank you 

Hello, I like apples.

Looks like a good build, liquid cooling will really help in summer, believe me. Your build is only $2100 at the moment so if you wanted to utilise the full $2500 you could upgrade to a GTX 980, however if I'm not mistaken the GTX 970 gives a better price/performance ratio. So its up to you but all the other parts look great. Good luck :)

Isn't 750W too much for this build? Also,the hardware choice is solid!

Isn't 750W too much for this build? Also,the hardware choice is solid!

I chose that power supply so in the future I can get another graphics card and put it in SLI

Hello, I like apples.