Best workstation GPU

Kimchi

Which is more powerfull, the Firepro W9000/D700 or the Quadro 6000?

Look up the benchmarks and conclude what best suits you. You also didn't list your Computer or the workload you will be straining the machine with.

Which is more powerfull, the Firepro W9000/D700 or the Quadro 6000?

What will you be doing on the machine?

What is the total build?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

What will you be doing on the machine?

What is the total build?

This is just in general, it's a continuing debate with my friend, he claims that a maxed out mac pro is the best computer in the world.

This is just in general, it's a continuing debate with my friend, he claims that a maxed out mac pro is the best computer in the world.

If he honestly thinks that, there is no reasonable way to argue with him.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I have a more powerful trashcan than that.

If he honestly thinks that, there is no reasonable way to argue with him.

I mean to be fair it is a 12 core xeon and a powerful gpu. But I see your point...

I mean to be fair it is a 12 core xeon and a powerful gpu. But I see your point...

The Mac Pro can be a very impressive professional machine, even for the money. But it is so difficult to put together a comparable PC (Thunderbolt, form factor) that its just not worth arguing. Of coarse you could build a better workstation PC, but most professionals probably wont, they will likely just buy the Mac Pro and be done with it.

The Mac Pro can be a very impressive professional machine, even for the money. But it is so difficult to put together a comparable PC (Thunderbolt, form factor) that its just not worth arguing. Of coarse you could build a better workstation PC, but most professionals probably wont, they will likely just buy the Mac Pro and be done with it.

Well said :)

Yeah, creative professionals don't mind paying $9000 for the same performance (in their workload) of something that costs $3000, but that they will have to tinker with, maintain, etc... The time and effort they save by going with a Mac Pro is worth the money to them. Also, if you buy workstation components, the Mac Pro is actually very reasonably priced...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz