Math

Laurysss

So we have a rectangle

rectangle.jpg

And we need to cut it one time and when put together the 2 parts of rectangle we have to get a square. Any ideas?

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

So we have a rectangle

And we need to cut it one time and when put together the 2 parts of rectangle we have to get a square. Any ideas?

cut it so you get a square on one part of it. put the other part over it, so that it comes right to the edge. ????? profit

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

The image is blank?

If it's orthogonal in one angle, cut the rectangle in half at that angle. Then lay the New hypotenuses togehter........ Profit!

who cares...

cut it so you get a square on one part of it. put the other part over it, so that it comes right to the edge. ????? profit

I dont remember the full thing ..

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

I dont remember the full thing ..

the full thing? just do it to the rectangle you posted like i said

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

The image is blank?

If it's orthogonal in one angle, cut the rectangle in half at that angle. Then lay the New hypotenuses togehter........ Profit!

youre thinking triangles

Oh... wow... i suck. :D

and even then it only works if the shorter sides are the same lenght. otherwise, your newly made hypothenuses dont match up

the full thing? just do it to the rectangle you posted like i said

Its not supossed to be like that. Tomorow i will ask my teacher the full thing. Or maybe not because shes a bitch.....

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Its not supossed to be like that. Tomorow i will ask my teacher the full thing. Or maybe not because shes a bitch.....

show the entire task. maybe ill get an idea what she wants

Given a rectangle of sides 64 by 81 (= 8² by 9²) we can dissect it into two pieces that can be moved without rotation or turning over to form a square of side 72 (= 8×9) by 15 cuts parallel to the edges. The cuts must be in staircase formation as shown here, where the small component cells are of size 8×9. This is a general method that works for any rectangle q² by (q+1)² to form a square of side q(q+1) in two pieces using 2q – 1 cuts in staircase formation.

Does this work?

post-34530-0-55241000-1416425699.gif

CPU: Intel core i5-3570k / Motherboard: MSI Z77 MPOWER / GPU: MSI GTX 660 Ti PE x2 in SLI / Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB / Power supply: Seasonic x750 with individually sleeved cables / Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker / Cooling: H100i / Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD and 1TB Western Digital HDD 

By cuts parallel to the edges, no pieces being turned over, transform two squares of sides 3 and 4 into one square of side 5 using 4 pieces, one of which is a unit square. There are two distinct solutions.

Given a rectangle of sides 64 by 81 (= 8² by 9²) we can dissect it into two pieces that can be moved without rotation or turning over to form a square of side 72 (= 8×9) by 15 cuts parallel to the edges. The cuts must be in staircase formation as shown here, where the small component cells are of size 8×9. This is a general method that works for any rectangle q² by (q+1)² to form a square of side q(q+1) in two pieces using 2q – 1 cuts in staircase formation.

Does this work?

if the cut like that is allowed. its the only option i can see right now