PSU gone bad?

carolkarine

So I've had an OCZ 600w modstream PSU for 5 months now. I go to turn on my computer this morning, and nothing happens. So I come back to it later, and try again. Still nothing. So now I wonder if the I/O on my prodigy is bad, considering that I had the audio jack go on me last night. I know that you can check to see if your PSU's blown by sticking a paperclip into the green wire and one of the adjacent black wires on your 24pin, so I try that. the blades of my fans connected directly to my PSU spin slowly (for fans. they still blurred a tad) for a second or two then stop.

Has my PSU gone bad? Also, note that in order to get my PSU into my case, some wires did get bent more than normal, but the 24pin wasn't one of them, as this PSU's only semi-modular.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

It sounds like a PSU problem.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I think the problem is your psu I would send it back for a RMA and see what OCZ says about it all

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"