Far Cry 4 high settings shadows are so awful - just a glitch it seems

Nineshadow
Go to solution Solved by SkilledRebuilds,

Many readings and search's have been done by me to figure out if its worth my money.

Have come across users who have found these issues.

Blackened scenes/Shadows/Ambient Darkenings

TURN AMBIENT OCCLUSION ONLY DOWN TO SSAO, The higher options are currently broken for the people who torrented it...I mean er... are runnin V1.0 (or have not patched legit releases)

@Nineshadow

Also if your Map is broken/black, go to the Data_WIN32 folder and rename both patch files (don't delete, may need them)

A Genuine Question for you guys...

Do you think devs leave RLY BAD bugs in game on purpose for torrenters to have, and day1 patch it for legit users.???

Remember this: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/04/game-dev-tycoon-developers-give-pirates-a-taste-of-their-own-medicine/

Not exactly what your talking about but it was pretty funny at the time

yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why

PS GUYS - You can change FOVscaling in the INI (If you have not got patch's done yet, which enable a FOV slider in game)

Tweaking around the Net it seems

FOVScaleFactor="1.25"

(seems about 105FOV)

If you don't like it that high, set 1.1 or 1.15

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

PS GUYS - You can change FOVscaling in the INI (If you have not got patch's done yet, which enable a FOV slider in game)

Tweaking around the Net it seems

FOVScaleFactor="1.25"

(seems about 105FOV)

If you don't like it that high, set 1.1 or 1.15

I know.That's exactly what I was saying :D

(without the instructions of course)

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I know.That's exactly what I was saying :D

(without the instructions of course)

^You reminded me... had to share it...we are a sharing community after all :)

/Thanks for the B.A

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

A Genuine Question for you guys...

Do you think devs leave RLY BAD bugs in game on purpose for torrenters to have, and day1 patch it for legit users.???

They did it with batman arkham asylum.

Anyone who pirated the game found the the cape gliding mechanics were broken and you could not get past a specific point in the game.

I listen to a few gaming podcasts and such topics come up from time to time where they talk about X being broken when they were reviewing the game but such issue was fixed with the release day patch.