Battlefield 3 Refresh Rate Issues

Merackon

Hey all,

My friend just brought the discounted BF4 to play with me, but his internet is not what one would call stellar. So we decided to play some BF3 to fill the time gap.

However...

I launched BF3 and set the monitor to my new ASUS VG248QE, but the tearing was horrendous, literally almost unplayable, even though it was not always hitting even the 140 mark. Just to confirm:

-Windows Hz is set to 144 on that monitor

-Nvidia Hz is set to 144 on that monitor

-BF3 video is set to 144 on that monitor

But when I enable V Sync through the in game options, the Nvidia FPS counter says it is down to 60...

Please help me out here guys, this is the only game that I have issues with regarding tearing and refresh rate so far.

Thanks in advance,

Jack

@Merackon use adaptive vsync in the NVidia control panel under global settings. See if that helps, it v syncs to the refresh rate.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

@Merackon use adaptive vsync in the NVidia control panel under global settings. See if that helps, it v syncs to the refresh rate.

Tried that, seems to still be there, it seems that the higher I enable the screen refresh in the BF3 settings, i.e 1920x1080p @99.84Hz vs 1920x1080p @144Hz, the worse it gets...

@Merackon Tearing is a side effect of having a gpu output higher than monitor refresh rate. If it gets worse the higher you go it's probably your monitor not refreshing as fast as it should be. I am not experienced with  144hz monitors though. I can't help too much.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q