Drive Migation help

coronerk6

bought an intel 530 SSD, and want to transfer windows and maybe one or two games over to it. The intel software that im supposed to use is only good for cloning, and wont let me pick a source drive that has more data than my 120 GB ssd. Question for you is, What software should I use to move windows and maybe one or two games to my new INTEL 120 GB SSD any help is appreciated, and I hope to get those 10 second boots soon!

bought an intel 530 SSD, and want to transfer windows and maybe one or two games over to it. The intel software that im supposed to use is only good for cloning, and wont let me pick a source drive that has more data than my 120 GB ssd. Question for you is, What software should I use to move windows and maybe one or two games to my new INTEL 120 GB SSD any help is appreciated, and I hope to get those 10 second boots soon!

Hey coronerk6,

What is the storage that you are currently using? Depending on the manufacturer, there should be a recommended software for cloning/migrating your data (as the Acronis True Image WD edition for Western Digital drives).
I would suggest, though, that you do a clean, fresh install of your OS and programs as this way you will avoid any problems with drivers and registry files.

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

Hey coronerk6,

What is the storage that you are currently using? Depending on the manufacturer, there should be a recommended software for cloning/migrating your data (as the Acronis True Image WD edition for Western Digital drives).
I would suggest, though, that you do a clean, fresh install of your OS and programs as this way you will avoid any problems with drivers and registry files.

Captain_WD.

I have a 2tb wester digital black drive. 

If i Do a fresh install, is there any way to save my data? Or to just re install the OS on the SSD and move the program files to the SSD? Or will I have to take the time to reinstall every single program again (GW2 and Star Citizen take a while)

I used Acronis just this morning to move data from an HDD to an SSD. You have the disadvantage of transferring any malicious programs onto your new SSD. A fresh install is usually a better idea, but takes longer.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro