New graphics card, black screen.

Hi,

I installed a new graphics card (gtx 760), but when I boot up I get a blackscreen even though the PC is clearly on.

I have already uninstalled the old nvidia drivers and disabled the intel hd 4000 drivers. 

The screen does work if I plug it in in the mobo.

Does anyone know what to do about this?

Thanks.

Plus one to this, I'm in a similar situation. Uninstalled drivers, installed new drivers, iGPU is off. 
When I boot up I go into bios and then exit without making changes and it all loads up normally.

If I don't then it black screens once the windows logo finishes. Obviously it's thinking the onboard gpu is

going to drive the pc. I don't know why when the default monitor selection is set to pcie. 

Hi,

I installed a new graphics card (gtx 760), but when I boot up I get a blackscreen even though the PC is clearly on.

I have already uninstalled the old nvidia drivers and disabled the intel hd 4000 drivers. 

The screen does work if I plug it in in the mobo.

Does anyone know what to do about this?

Thanks.

Are you sure that you securely connected the power leads?

Yes fairly sure, the card is blowing the fans like a mad man.

Plus one to this, I'm in a similar situation. Uninstalled drivers, installed new drivers, iGPU is off. 

When I boot up I go into bios and then exit without making changes and it all loads up normally.

If I don't then it black screens once the windows logo finishes. Obviously it's thinking the onboard gpu is

going to drive the pc. I don't know why when the default monitor selection is set to pcie. 

So when you go to bios and then go back again it works?

Yes fairly sure, the card is blowing the fans like a mad man.

Try clearing the CMOS.

Sorry I'm a noob, what is that and how do I do it?

What motherboard do you have? Look around for a button labeled something along the lines of "CLR_CMOS" and hold it down for 5 seconds.

What motherboard do you have? Look around for a button labeled something along the lines of "CLR_CMOS" and hold it down for 5 seconds.

Found the button. Do I do this while the system is powered on?

NO!

Shut down the system and hold the button for 5 seconds.

NO!

Haha ok will do, be right back then.

NO!

I actually screamed no at the screen :P 

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

I actually screamed no at the screen :P

Haha lol, i'm glad I asked.

But yea I pressed the button, pc starts itself up, screen tells me some system info, I press F1 to continue (I had the monitor connected to the mobo). And then booted up.

I power off, plug in the cable to the card, still a blackscreen.

Haha lol, i'm glad I asked.

But yea I pressed the button, pc starts itself up, screen tells me some system info, I press F1 to continue (I had the monitor connected to the mobo). And then booted up.

I power off, plug in the cable to the card, still a blackscreen.

What motherboard is it ?

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

What motherboard is it ?

Asrock z77 extreme4, never updated the bios or anything like that.

Asrock z77 extreme4, never updated the bios or anything like that.

Have you checked you have PCI-E Graphics selected in the BIOS? 

Spoiler

Also, more info would be good, What wattage is your PSU? What GPU did you have installed before the 760? 

Spoiler

I have had a graphics card prior to this one installed before, it's been about a week without however. That one worked fine. I will check around the bios if I can find the option somewhere.

Also, more info would be good, What wattage is your PSU? What GPU did you have installed before the 760? 

I had a gtx 660, that one worked with a 500w psu, I even changed my psu to a 600w just now because the pc wouldnt even power up before when I had the 500w.

I had a gtx 660, that one worked with a 500w psu, I even changed my psu to a 600w just now because the pc wouldnt even power up before when I had the 500w.

What's the Brand/Model of the 600W PSU you're now using?

Spoiler

What's the Brand/Model of the 600W PSU you're now using?

It's a cooler master silentpro. I just checked my hardware browser in the uefi bios and it says there is nothing connected to my pcie slots.

Are your PCI lanes dusty, my friend had an issue with his GPU because there was dust in the lane. Try reseating it and blowing out the PCI slot.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

It's a cooler master silentpro. I just checked my hardware browser in the uefi bios and it says there is nothing connected to my pcie slots.

Do you happen to still have your old card? if so, try putting it back in and see if it still works. If not, it may be dust like @Gofspar said, or you could have damaged it removing the old card. 

Spoiler

Do you happen to still have your old card? if so, try putting it back in and see if it still works. If not, it may be dust like @Gofspar said, or you could have damaged it removing the old card. 

I have an old 8800 gt, the gtx 660 was traded in for the gtx 760 and the gtx 650ti was sold, so I'm gonna try the 8800 gt now, and I just tried blowing out some dust in the slot, no luck.

I have an old 8800 gt, the gtx 660 was traded in for the gtx 760 and the gtx 650ti was sold, so I'm gonna try the 8800 gt now, and I just tried blowing out some dust in the slot, no luck.

Yeah any card should do, just to test the slot itself. Let me know what happens

Spoiler